Not sure where to begin. Mystery stream on my land (too much water ?!?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the water line between the meter and the house break. It was buried deep so I didn't see any water come to the surface. The water company came out and locked out my meter when my bill hit $5K. Fortunately, I was able to negotiate it down to $500. From the city to the meter their problem, from the meter to your house your problem.
Yeah and anything that doesnt go thru the meter you dont have to pay for so to speak even thou they can raise the water rates from time to time for everyone to pay for what water is lost, also any metter that is 10 years old or older doesnt meter all the water you use so never request a new meter cause if they put in a new one your bill will go up, over time the propeller inside the meter will wear down and something as simple as turn your faucet on to a small trickle wont be picked up by the meter. Also on your meter there is a small triangular red or black spinner on it that is called a leak detecter and if all the water in the house or wherever is turned off and the triangle is turning you have a leak somewheres.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the chlorine pool test EARLY in the morning, before getting sun, at your fenceline.

You aren't interested in an accurate reading, just positive or negative.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like someone got their meter removed for nonpayment and went out and put a makeshift jumper and didnt make a good connection to steal water, I use to see it often from people like described when i was working.
This ^^ may be the issue, any hydroponic “plant growing” operation at the neighbors??

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah and anything that doesnt go thru the meter you dont have to pay for so to speak even thou they can raise the water rates from time to time for everyone to pay for what water is lost, also any metter that is 10 years old or older doesnt meter all the water you use so never request a new meter cause if they put in a new one your bill will go up, over time the propeller inside the meter will wear down and something as simple as turn your faucet on to a small trickle wont be picked up by the meter. Also on your meter there is a small triangular red or black spinner on it that is called a leak detecter and if all the water in the house or wherever is turned off and the triangle is turning you have a leak somewheres.
Hey, what is the standard water pressure for household? Mine hits 130 lbs. Every time I have a plumbing issue, the plumbers turn of my water at the meter then turn it back on full blast. I have spent hours at the meter tweaking it to reduce the pressure with that crude water tool. One smidgen too much and I have a trickle. One smidgen not enough and it's full blast car wash pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom