Now I found this funny

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Carlsbad there is a Super China Buffet or something like that, it's some type of Oriental Dining establishment. And they have a banner hanging across the front of the building, and I swear on my favorite dog's grave, that says "Best Mexican Food in town".
I'm waiting for Lucy's (supposed to be the best Tex-Mex in town and it is good) to hang up a banner that says "Best Chop Suey in town".

I've never been brave enough to try the Mexican food in the Oriental Restaurant.

But I bet Rush has.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little off topic, but one of the better Mexican restaurants I have ever visited was (may still be, this was '79) in Anchorge, Alaska. I went there out of social necessity and was pleasantly surprised.

But, like you, I question the Mexican food in an oriental restaurant.

I do understand the economics. A friend of mine ran a Mexican restaurant for years, and he told me that it is about the least expensive food to prepare.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A co-worker down there recommended Lucy's, he also said they would offer mild, medium or hot. I chose a medium beef chimichanga, I chose well. :)
I like Tex-Mex and this is as good as any I've ever eaten. But, I've only been there once. And they didn't have anything to compare to Casa Soto's bottlecaps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom