Now I need suggestions for creating a lawn where my trees were.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did this once on the cheap, and its very effective but pretty labor intensive. Basically sprigging so just rip the sod into pieces and scatter it, roll it and water.
I have found if I want to spread Bermuda all I have to do is chop it up with a tiller and attempt to pull it all out. It will grow like weeds in a few weeks.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you really like to mow, I'd stay with native Bermuda. The hybrids (Coastal, etc.) put out a lot more volume.

Just a thought. :drunk2:
This is true, I sprigged 4 acres of Worldfeeder bermuda for pasture. It grew 18" tall in 30 days with nitrogen and good rainfall the first year it was put down. I could get 2 tons of hay per acre every 30 days.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sod is the ONLY way to go. Where are you located? Tulsa Grass and Sod has a store in Choctaw and in Bixby. Their Astro variety of Bermuda is really nice-medium bladed Bermuda that holds up well to our harsh summers. Soft and easy on bare feet.

The owner is an avid sportsman and shooter too.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sod is the ONLY way to go. Where are you located? Tulsa Grass and Sod has a store in Choctaw and in Bixby. Their Astro variety of Bermuda is really nice-medium bladed Bermuda that holds up well to our harsh summers. Soft and easy on bare feet.
OK of C. My mother-in-law God rest her soul, had the most beautiful Bermuda carpet. It was a really fine blade I've never seen since. She mowed once per week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom