Now I understand the reason for proper battery disposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please, oh, please do it again. Missed the first smooth move. I'm a trauma junkie. Don't want you to get hurt, but when you do, I WANT TO BE THERE!!!!!
I’ve got it figured out now after getting it all the way apart. Patience is your friend working on these batteries. I’m already on to the next project. A wall mounted cold saw bracket and bench! What could go wrong with that?
12681C4C-D696-4E20-A273-B6C4F77AB65D.jpeg

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks as those Samsung cells are pretty nice ones! I use them in my ecig due to their high amperage rating. And yes, LiON cells are not to be taken lightly. Once they get to a certain temp they go into thermal runaway which ends in a pretty impressive fire. Its what caused all those ecig explosions that were prevalent until regulated mods took over the market. People would build very low resistance coils that put a huge amp draw on the battery, which would cause it to overheat and trigger the chain reaction (and its the reason I did a lot of studying on LiON cells and how to prevent this. I kept my resistance to no lower than .15 so my max amp draw was 28 amps, which good quality batts could handle easily). Piercing the cell takes out the barrier between the anode and cathode and basically causes a short, which heats up the cell until the electrolyte ignites. Honestly I'm surprised the other cells did not go up as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom