Now I'm not happy with Cabela's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was so excited about being able to get my Ruger creedmoor from cabela's so quick and at a good price. I checked last night and the thing is on backorder. IT AIN'T GONNA MAKE IT BY TOMORROW!!!
This really upsets me, particularly when they checked for availability (as I stood there) and said they had it in stock. They placed the order at that moment and it could be picked up by the 24th (TOMORROW).
Bait and switch. Bad thing is I had it on back order with a local FFL and it would have been in soon.
Now with the clock reset, who knows?
Used Cabela's very friendly life chat (this is a joke by the way) and if a chat could be rude, they were rude.
Acted like they could care less if I got the gun or not. I mentioned that I had paid for it already and that the store had said (and showed me on the computer) it was in stock and I had one coming.
What BS. They kept saying that "we can cancel the order since it has not been processed yet".
What the hell? No wonder they're going under and Bass Pro won't touch them. Their customer service SUCKS!
Now I'm stuck. Hate to go back to my FFL because the process starts all over again.
I think I'll take up bowling. Easy target acquisition, the balls are always there and the guy behind the counter REALLY WANT'S YOUR BUSINESS!
Yep.....Bowling...that's the ticket.

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their computer will say it is in store for 3 days before it actually gets there......been there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Calvin.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree if they told you/showed you it was in stock, it should be in stock. That's BS, and I'd be pissed as all hell, too. My free time is pretty precious and scarce (and about to get more scarce :nono2:) so I try to plan things in advance if I can. I can understand your LGS having to order something in, sometimes not being able to tell for SURE when it's going to be in, etc. But for a major company like that, that has a centralized inventory system they can look up national stock on and to tell you they have it when they don't... yeah, I'd be irritated as hell, too.

And then to get their customer service line which treats you like they couldn't care less, aren't interested in keeping your business, etc... I would have canceled then and there, but that's just me.

I've bought online, I've bought locally, etc. I definitely get better service from my LGS that I've established a relationship with, but there are good deals to be had everywhere.

Sorry to hear about your experience, and I'd be pissed off, as well.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree if they told you/showed you it was in stock, it should be in stock. That's BS, and I'd be pissed as all hell, too. My free time is pretty precious and scarce (and about to get more scarce :nono2:) so I try to plan things in advance if I can. I can understand your LGS having to order something in, sometimes not being able to tell for SURE when it's going to be in, etc. But for a major company like that, that has a centralized inventory system they can look up national stock on and to tell you they have it when they don't... yeah, I'd be irritated as hell, too.

And then to get their customer service line which treats you like they couldn't care less, aren't interested in keeping your business, etc... I would have canceled then and there, but that's just me.

I've bought online, I've bought locally, etc. I definitely get better service from my LGS that I've established a relationship with, but there are good deals to be had everywhere.

Sorry to hear about your experience, and I'd be pissed off, as well.
Thanks. I felt guilty about canceling with my local store, but he was cool and it was going to take some time yet to get it in, and the only reason I ordered it from Cabela's was they matched the price of my local guy and I would have it in a couple of days.
That won't happen again.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man that sucks. I hate poor customer service about as much as I hate ... well, about anything. Wait: I know! I'd hate to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom