Now this is a 10mm Glock I could get into.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. If'n a 4" 29 didn't bother you, I have no business shooting a G27!
I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying it for themselves, because it might've been something as personal as the way it fit my hand, but I found it to be thoroughly unpleasant.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanna see the G Lock that fires this
LMAO!!! My damn fat fingers. 20mm, no thanks. I’ll stick with my 10mm.
12d04191384d84756a9642eae246e2ca.jpg

Then I wanna see you shoot it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They put the ug in ugly and I did not like the grip angle. had both a 20 and 21 and sold both. I read about the reason glock made the grip angle what they did but I would point, roll the wrist click . 1911.... point and click . Revolvers same point and click ............ Both the Glocks were fine weapons and run great ..........just no likey!!
Yes, grip angle sucks for a 1911 lover.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the FBI abandoned the 10mm because of over penetration. I've shot both .40 S&W and 10mm. Yeah, the 10 is 'snappier' but certainly not uncontrollable. The main reason I did not buy a 10 years ago was the price and availability of ammo.

Pretty much correct, and then then the "diversity" of limp wristed applicants that couldn't even handle the .40 required the "miracle" 9mm that will kill elephants with the "new technology" in bullets I keep hearing from the gun writers in that caliber.
So someone teach me on why the 9mm bullet (bullet alone) is more lethal than a larger caliber bullet from the same manufacturer. Is the "new technology" only for the magic 9mm round and not used in their other pistol calibers?
Could this same miracle technology be used in other pistol caliber bullets to make them more lethal?"
I"m confused here.....lol.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty much correct, and then then the "diversity" of limp wristed applicants that couldn't even handle the .40 required the "miracle" 9mm that will kill elephants with the "new technology" in bullets I keep hearing from the gun writers in that caliber.
So someone teach me on why the 9mm bullet (bullet alone) is more lethal than a larger caliber bullet from the same manufacturer. Is the "new technology" only for the magic 9mm round and not used in their other pistol calibers?
Could this same miracle technology be used in other pistol caliber bullets to make them more lethal?"
I"m confused here.....lol.
Yes the 9mm is the only advanced technology superior ammunition.

All others have fallen behind. Why else would the .gov and the military be so fond of it!

Either see the light or be doomed to dwell in the dark ages.[emoji16]

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying it for themselves, because it might've been something as personal as the way it fit my hand, but I found it to be thoroughly unpleasant.

It just/finally registered that you're talking about G27 (yeah, I know, that's what you said). I was thinking G29 all this time, since we were discussing 10mm. I have shot the G27 and it would not be my pick, although it is manageable. The G29, on the other hand, might be a real hand full ... at least to me. I would definitely shoot one, given the opportunity, but I doubt that I would want to take it home.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It just/finally registered that you're talking about G27 (yeah, I know, that's what you said). I was thinking G29 all this time, since we were discussing 10mm. I have shot the G27 and it would not be my pick, although it is manageable. The G29, on the other hand, might be a real hand full ... at least to me. I would definitely shoot one, given the opportunity, but I doubt that I would want to take it home.

Huh. I didn’t even know there was a G29. Yeah, that’s probably going to be a handful.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huh. I didn’t even know there was a G29. Yeah, that’s probably going to be a handful.
We have two of them haha. I picked one up before I met my wife to trial before I coughed up money for a 10mm 1911. Worked over the trigger and it turned into my farm/fishing/hunting carry with Underwood ammo. When my wife and I were dating, she wanted a night stand gun so I let her run through my collection. Low and behold she picked the G29 as her favorite. We went and got one of her own for her birthday several years back.

I dont feel like it is a handful at all, but definitely not a powder puff. My primary concern from a defensive perspective would be the muzzle flash in low light conditions. A lot of the standard range ammo is loaded closer to .40 cal PF than it is full steam 10mm. If I can make it to an ENS this year, I will make a note to bring it along for folks to try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom