Now this is a 10mm Glock I could get into.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have the same worry there as you would here, only multiplied. He doesn't have any feedback and only 12 posts. MAYBE a USPS money order, but there's still no guarantees

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is a 10mm comparable to a 357 magnum? I keep hearing about the 10mm this and the 10mm that. "The 40 is too snappy" which means powerful to me. The 10mm is longer than the 40 like a 38 Special is to the 357. Is this what I'm hearing?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is a 10mm comparable to a 357 magnum? I keep hearing about the 10mm this and the 10mm that. "The 40 is too snappy" which means powerful to me. The 10mm is longer than the 40 like a 38 Special is to the 357. Is this what I'm hearing?
If someone thinks the .40 is "too snappy", they REALLY won't like the 10mm. I'm a revolver fan, and love the .357 and .44mag, but have to admit, I really like the 10mm. It's my favorite semi-auto cartridge, right next to the.45acp.

From my understanding, the .40 was created from the 10mm, as the FBI used the 10mm and didn't like the recoil (candyasses). So some refer to the .40 S&W as ".40 Short & Wimpy". I've never shot a .40 cal.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone thinks the .40 is "too snappy", they REALLY won't like the 10mm. I'm a revolver fan, and love the .357 and .44mag, but have to admit, I really like the 10mm. It's my favorite semi-auto cartridge, right next to the.45acp.

From my understanding, the .40 was created from the 10mm, as the FBI used the 10mm and didn't like the recoil (candyasses). So some refer to the .40 S&W as ".40 Short & Wimpy". I've never shot a .40 cal.
Agreed. I always carried the 357 and it was a handful but you learned how to manage it. When I got my 29 6 inch I was in heaven. Damn thing was a lead ingot to carry though. I traded my model 65 for a Springfield 1911A1 45 and never looked back. Then in the early 80's that damn ugly black plastic G lock thingy came out and slowly changed the world. Never bought one. Only fired one once.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I always carried the 357 and it was a handful but you learned how to manage it. When I got my 29 6 inch I was in heaven. Damn thing was a lead ingot to carry though. I traded my model 65 for a Springfield 1911A1 45 and never looked back. Then in the early 80's that damn ugly black plastic G lock thingy came out and slowly changed the world. Never bought one. Only fired one once.

Wassa matta G-Locks? They work. They got lots of OEM and aftermarket parts readily available and not crazy priced. The mags are almost indestructible. Did I mention that they work? Oh, almost forgot; they are relatively cheap, considering the fact that they just work.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Wassa matta G-Locks? They work. They got lots of OEM and aftermarket parts readily available and not crazy priced. The mags are almost indestructible. Did I mention that they work? Oh, almost forgot; they are relatively cheap, considering the fact that they just work.

They put the ug in ugly and I did not like the grip angle. had both a 20 and 21 and sold both. I read about the reason glock made the grip angle what they did but I would point, roll the wrist click . 1911.... point and click . Revolvers same point and click ............ Both the Glocks were fine weapons and run great ..........just no likey!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I thought the FBI abandoned the 10mm because of over penetration. I've shot both .40 S&W and 10mm. Yeah, the 10 is 'snappier' but certainly not uncontrollable. The main reason I did not buy a 10 years ago was the price and availability of ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom