Now to speed up my reloading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently use an old, first gen, Hornady LNL AP press for all my reloading. Sometimes I use it as a single stage and sometimes I use it progressive. As of right now, if I use it progressive, I can load almost exactly 200 rounds per hour of pistol ammo. If I dont mess anything up. Thats going from just like you would pick it up off the ground to a ready to fire case. I realize thats pretty quick but now I need to start looking into speeding that up. And I cant spend a big chunk of change on one of the fancy Hornady case or bullet feeders. But there is some sort of Lee bullet feeder that uses an adapter from a company named something like Bully. I dont even know for sure if it is used through a powder through expander or what.
If any of yall have any experience with anything like this on this press let me know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know. I use the LNL as a basic progressive. 200-300 rounds per hour depending on how many primer tubes I preload. I have one of the pistol grip vibratory primer tube loaders, but need more tubes. I like to have some downtime and reload.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess Ill have to get one. That and a bullet feed system using a Hornady bullet through die, bully adapter and the lee bullet feed kit. I just wish mine had the new ejection system.
I do not prime on the press. I use an RCBS hand held priming tool. I order a few 3 foot tubes from a pet supply store for the bullet feeder die. one in the die and the others to refill it. a funnel will help with reloading the tube.
I was thinking about building a case feeder with the lee bullet feeder.
Have you sent your press into Hornady to get it upgraded?

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually just prime pistol on my press. Use a hand primer for precision stuff.
I think for around $80 i can set up the system i was talking about earlier and it should hold over 100 slugs.
Hornady says my press is too old to upgrade my serial number is just over 1500 I think.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought and mounted my LNL prior to looking at the bullet and primer feeder systems. In hind site, I'd still do it the same way. Rock solid and puts out the ammo for the weekly matches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom