Now to speed up my reloading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to make it clear, the OP is not selling his LNL and buying a Dillon. I cant afford that. Even if I was to be stuck at 200 rounds per hour, I still wouldnt go down that road. I just want to fine tune and make the most of what I have.
I appreciate every bit of everybody's input. There is good info here for sure.

I had an adapter to change a press over to a LNL bushing style here somewhere. Someone on here said they wanted to get one. But to be honest you can get that adapter and 3 bushings from Midway for $10 right now. Just 3 bushings is worth $15.
I could not find the bushing set you are talking about.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look again. Isn't it amazing how everyone that gets a Dillon wants to tell everyone else that their equipment is subpar. I am sure that if you spend $1000 it will out perform $200 in any area. I think a Dillon is awesome, If I was going to buy a new press, and an lnl and 550 was even money, I would buy the Dillon. The reason I would buy the Dillon is resale, not performance.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, I have a Lee Pro 1000 I bought from a member here. Works just fine for the likes of me. I paid $150 dollars dies and all included, so resale was not on my mind. All I wanted to do was load .45ACP and shoot (lots of) cheaper ammo. Works great for me. Go with what ya know and can afford, I also drive a 2002 Chevy 3500, buy my jeans at goodwill and utilize the library instead of buying most books. Money matters and I try to save all I can for a rainy day.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I have a Lee Pro 1000 I bought from a member here. Works just fine for the likes of me. I paid $150 dollars dies and all included, so resale was not on my mind. All I wanted to do was load .45ACP and shoot (lots of) cheaper ammo. Works great for me. Go with what ya know and can afford, I also drive a 2002 Chevy 3500, buy my jeans at goodwill and utilize the library instead of buying most books. Money matters and I try to save all I can for a rainy day.
I do a lot of horse trading and ended up with an AP LNL that I am very happy with.
I completely understand get the best you can get, buy once cry once mentality.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't resell anything for the most part. Think I've used the classifieds here three times and got screwed twice because I trusted the other party.
I'm happy with 300 rounds per hour. I could do almost twice that if I didn't have to load those stinking primer tubes. I do include that time in my loading. If I had 5-6 of them already loaded and ready to drop, brass and bullets on the table, 500 per hour would be easy, but I usually just grab a handful of brass, a hand full of bullets, put them on the bench and start cycling. Not the most organized in the world I guess but I like the activity of reloading and the sound of rounds dropping into the retainer bucket. You just get into the rhythm and move along. I count stopping to empty the retainer, and load into bullet boxes as well. Some just put the finished rounds into a bag, but I'm too anal I guess. I like to see those bullet boxes stacking up on the bench. Always load 100 more than I'll need for the next match.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
You are a School Teacher, that is understandable. Terribly underpaid IMHO.
It is not so bad, I am retired from the Army. Plus, my wife teaches and has a secondary income that about matches her teaching pay. I will say, If you want to teach for a living it either takes a lot of planning or a vow of poverty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom