NRA... A bit of explanation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and now you say "In the previous post your wanted proof...now you don't want it?".......not sure where that came from??? I don't necessarily believe the votes were there just because Liptak said they were.

If you don't trust the NRA maybe you should ask GOA if the votes were there. Were they even at the table? Just send them an email and ask.

If they were at the table did they have any influence?

With the influence GOA has, why didn't they over power the NRA?

If another massacre occurs and bumps stocks are involved, do you think general public opinion will sour enough to allow for a semi auto rifle ban?

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't trust the NRA maybe you should ask GOA if the votes were there. Were they even at the table? Just send them an email and ask.

If another massacre occurs and bumps stocks are involved, do you think general public opinion will sour enough to allow for a semi auto rifle ban?

After reading the surrender letter on bump stocks, why would I trust the NRA?? Why would you?? I honestly don't understand why so many are still blindly following Wayne and Chris as they march the membership off a cliff??

I don't recall mentioning the GOA....but I can tell you this......they DID NOT release a statement basically saying they thought bump stocks should be illegal........and they DID NOT release a statement in favor of red flag laws!

As far as I'm concerned, the NRA exists for one reason, and one reason ONLY......and that is to prevent infringement of the 2nd amendment......everything else they do is simply icing on the cake. You don't prevent infringement by publicly stating support for banning inanimate objects and you don't prevent infringement by publicly supporting unconstitutional red flag laws.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked you earlier??? Are you afraid you can't defend the NRA leadership.......or are you simply being obtuse??

If the NRA leadership is willing to surrender without a fight, what good is it and why follow them??

If the NRA is the 1000 pound gorilla they claim to be, why did they surrender without a fight??

Could it be that you really think bump stocks should be illegal and red flag laws are a great idea???

Maybe you believe a little infringement is a good thing??

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the surrender letter on bump stocks, why would I trust the NRA?? Why would you?? I honestly don't understand why so many are still blindly following Wayne and Chris as they march the membership off a cliff??

I don't recall mentioning the GOA....but I can tell you this......they DID NOT release a statement basically saying they thought bump stocks should be illegal........and they DID NOT release a statement in favor of red flag laws!

As far as I'm concerned, the NRA exists for one reason, and one reason ONLY......and that is to prevent infringement of the 2nd amendment......everything else they do is simply icing on the cake. You don't prevent infringement by publicly stating support for banning inanimate objects and you don't prevent infringement by publicly supporting unconstitutional red flag laws.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked you earlier??? Are you afraid you can't defend the NRA leadership.......or are you simply being obtuse??

If the NRA leadership is willing to surrender without a fight, what good is it and why follow them??

If the NRA is the 1000 pound gorilla they claim to be, why did they surrender without a fight??

Could it be that you really think bump stocks should be illegal and red flag laws are a great idea???

Maybe you believe a little infringement is a good thing??

"You do realize the same NRA leadership that invited this ban also fought against the Heller case being filed....because....."we couldn't win".....right?"
They were wrong in that case. So what. If you're going to demand perfection be prepared to be disappointed.

"......because "the NRA is still the biggest voice we have"??"
Yes, the NRA is the biggest voice you have. Easy

" Hey, if that "biggest voice in DC" is yelling surrender without a fight, what good is it??"
The NRA is better suited to see the writing on the wall than any other organization. If there was another org out there that had the influence the NRA does they would be using that influence.

Now it's your turn, answer my questions.

And to your comments above
I don't think you understand what likely happened. I'm sure previously pro gun politicians told the NRA they would be voting for a ban on bump stocks due to what happened in Vegas. They probably went that way due to public opinion regarding bump stocks. Understand? Just because you dislike the situation doesn't give an excuse to not understand the situation.

I obviously don't endorse gun control of any sort, it's a shame that more gun owners just don't understand how politics work.........You aren't supposed lick your fingers after shooting all day, the black and yellow residue on your hands contains lead, it isn't good for you.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"You do realize the same NRA leadership that invited this ban also fought against the Heller case being filed....because....."we couldn't win".....right?"
They were wrong in that case. So what. If you're going to demand perfection be prepared to be disappointed.

"......because "the NRA is still the biggest voice we have"??"
Yes, the NRA is the biggest voice you have. Easy

" Hey, if that "biggest voice in DC" is yelling surrender without a fight, what good is it??"
The NRA is better suited to see the writing on the wall than any other organization. If there was another org out there that had the influence the NRA does they would be using that influence.

Now it's your turn, answer my questions.

I don't see a question here??? By the way, the title of the thread is "NRA......A Bit Of Explanation"........what the GOA did or did not do has no bearing on how the NRA leadership rolled over and surrendered.

I wasn't there, I don't know, the GOA is not the subject of this thread and what the GOA did or did not do has no bearing on how the NRA leadership rolled over and surrendered.

I don't know why you keep asking me questions about the GOA, I have never made any claim regarding the GOA, the GOA is not the subject of this thread and what the GOA did or did not do has no bearing on how the NRA leadership rolled over and surrendered.

No, I do not believe that.

And to your comments above
I don't think you understand what likely happened. I'm sure previously pro gun politicians told the NRA they would be voting for a ban on bump stocks due to what happened in Vegas. They probably went that way due to public opinion regarding bump stocks. Understand? Just because you dislike the situation doesn't give an excuse to not understand the situation.

Probably???......Likely???.........what I understand is that's all supposition on your part......you are simply guessing with NOTHING to back it up......you don't "understand the situation", like most of the media these days, you are simply writing your own narrative and it's all based on guesses.

I obviously don't endorse gun control of any sort, it's a shame that more gun owners just don't understand how politics work.........You aren't supposed lick your fingers after shooting all day, the black and yellow residue on your hands contains lead, it isn't good for you.

I understand that what people do is more important than what they say, I understand that you don't win by surrendering without a fight, I understand you don't provide the enemy with ammunition to use against you.......I understand that we lost bump stocks and will likely be saddled with red flag laws and the NRA not only didn't stop it, they helped get it done!!!

With "friends" like that, who needs enemies??

answered within quote above

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Organizations I support in NO certain order:
USGS
VFW
EAGLES
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
FOP
VSO
AARP
NRA
OK2A
MASONS
SHRINERS
JERRY LEWIS TELETHON
WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
USO
NAVY MARINE CORPS RELIEF
AER
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE
DAV
AMERICAN RED CROSS
FISHER HOUSE
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
YM/YWCA
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
FEED THE CHILDREN
MEALS ON WHEELS
MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION
AMVETS
SALVATION ARMY
SAINT JUDES

And probably a whole bunch I forgot. In reality they all set out for the right reasons and as with all things evolution has occurred. I doubt that there is another org. that can mount the pressure like the NRA on the 2A, but in the end we must accept responsibility for the actions of those we have elected, plain and simple. By "we" there must be taken into account those that elected their officials IOT rid America of the 2A. Seems to me the other side is more motivated, makes more noise and gets the media attention. WE cannot sit idly by, if we do nothing then we have in essence surrendered our rights.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://graphics.nra.org/nra-tv/2019-01-20/2019-01-20.html
story of the week
The Disarm America Movement is amassing strength in both rhetoric and numbers like never before. We are on the verge of the Democratic Primary, which will be the most ferociously anti-freedom presidential primary in American history.
01-20/2019

&

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...l&utm_term=down-range&utm_campaign=20190124dr
Disarm America Movement’ Gunning for Your Second Amendment Rights
by AWR Hawkins 20 Jan 2019

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no doubt that disarming america to some degree will be a big part of the dem platform for 2020.
We need a nominee who can properly represent our case in the coming presidential debates, and unfortunately I don't think Trump can do that.
It's not in his heart, he doesn't really get it.
Our message has to get out some other way.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the first sentence of the article, fake news marches on.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/politics/bump-stock-ban-takes-effect-tuesday/index.html
A federal bump stock ban starts Tuesday. Here's what that means for owners
By Jason Hanna, CNN
Updated 7:00 AM ET, Mon March 25, 2019

ATF explanation of bump stock operation:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...d-atf-green-light-during-obama-administration
..."The device replaces the factory stock and grip. The replacement stock moves back and forth with the gun's recoil, allowing it to fire rapidly and continuously as the trigger repeatedly is bumped into the shooter’s finger. A switch allows the user to select semi-automatic fire (one shot for each trigger pull) or the more rapid “bump fire.”...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom