NRA member? No pets for you . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Animal shelter to NRA and gun restriction foes: No pets for you

If you want to adopt a dog or cat from this Southern California animal shelter, you have to be 25, prove you can provide a pet with a good home — and support gun restrictions.

Membership in the NRA is a deal breaker, said Shelter Hope Pet Shop owner Kim Sill.

“We do not support those who believe that the 2nd amendment gives them the right to buy assault weapons,” Sill wrote on a website for the shelter in Thousand Oaks, California, about 40 miles northwest of Los Angeles. “If your beliefs are not in line with ours, we will not adopt a pet to you.”

Most animal shelters are already really over crowded and extremely picky on who they adopt to . . . but these people are nuts.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My poodle said they can go french themselves with a gerbil. Is it that wrong of me to hope for
1AAB2386-9E2A-4699-A4CB-F40F745A3DAF.png

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And who ultimately gets harmed with this sort of stupidity? The CA NRA member? Nope.

It's the animal waiting for a person to adopt them. The animal doesn't care if his person belongs to the NRA, is black or white or green, is gay or straight, or whatever. The animal just wants someone to love and care for it.

So these morons are ultimately harming the very creatures they're supposed to be protecting.

This is just reason 2,389,415 why I hate liberals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom