NRA screws us again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My analogy is spot on. Your solution to changing an organization's bad behavior is to reward them by giving them money in the form of membership dues. Think for a minute about what I just said...
Your lost. I'm sorry. If you don't understand how your analogy is so wrong, I can't help you.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL.......
The ballot is a joke? How so?
You have the same voice you have with the Congress. Email and calling in your displeasure.
I have "voiced my displeasure so many times since Sandy Hook, I finally got fed up. Lets face it, THE ABSOLUTE BEST the NRA could come up with after Sandy hook was that video games were to blame.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have "voiced my displeasure so many times since Sandy Hook, I finally got fed up. Lets face it, THE ABSOLUTE BEST the NRA could come up with after Sandy hook was that video games were to blame.
How many times have the congress went along with YOUR requests? In theory, the constituents should determine what their representative does in office. That's how it supposed to work.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your lost. I'm sorry. If you don't understand how your analogy is so wrong, I can't help you.

Bottom line it for me then. I asked this earlier and you chose to ignore it. Do you agree with the NRA stance on the following:

1. ATF regulation of bump stocks as NFA items
2. ERPOs
3. Federal background checks in the form of NICS (in this instance, "fix NICS")

To avoid any further confusion, the NRA supports all three.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your right. The NRA goes where the money is and that's with the gun manufacturers. They got the most $$$ and that's where the votes go.

As I said. The NRA should be a give NO GROUND organization. Politicians will still have to make compromises to get laws passed. That doesn't mean the NRA still cant fight to give no ground.

I now cant support National reciprocity since the Fix NICS has been lumped into the bill. Fix NICS is a terrible bill and only further erodes Gun rights. So that's one more mile stone the gun grabbers have gotten to be closer to winning total gun confiscation.

The Fix NICS bill is now known as the "Take Guns First Act" and even "Pocahontas" has signed up for it. Alllllll because the NRA caved on EPOs

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bottom line it for me then. I asked this earlier and you chose to ignore it. Do you agree with the NRA stance on the following:

1. ATF regulation of bump stocks as NFA items
2. ERPOs
3. Federal background checks in the form of NICS (in this instance, "fix NICS")

To avoid any further confusion, the NRA supports all three.
I've already stated my comments on Bump Stocks and you didn't read it or you wouldn't be asking that question. I've answered the other two multiple times and evidently you haven't read them either. I'm not doing your homework for you.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've already stated my comments on Bump Stocks and you didn't read it or you wouldn't be asking that question. I've answered the other two multiple times and evidently you haven't read them either. I'm not doing your homework for you.

I just went back through the entire thread, and you didn't directly answer the question. You implied that you support NICS and ERPOs, but didn't mention bump stocks or rate increasing devices. I'm not going to waste my time going through every post you've ever made in order to get an answer that you don't want to provide because it undermines your position. What you did do was repeatedly ask questions about the GOA in an attempt to deflect from the topic of the thread. Which is how the NRA is choosing to provide political cover for their A+ rated politicians like Rick Scott to turn law abiding citizens into felons.

Who's not doing their homework?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went back through the entire thread, and you didn't directly answer the question. You implied that you support NICS and ERPOs, but didn't mention bump stocks or rate increasing devices. I'm not going to waste my time going through every post you've ever made in order to get an answer that you don't want to provide because it undermines your position. What you did do was repeatedly ask questions about the GOA in an attempt to deflect from the topic of the thread. Which is how the NRA is choosing to provide political cover for their A+ rated politicians like Rick Scott to turn law abiding citizens into felons.

Who's not doing their homework?
There are multiple threads about this subject. I'm glad you went back and read this thread. If you had read the other threads you would have seen that I don't see the purpose of a bump stock, but I would defend the right to own one. See, I just did your homework for you.
Edit: I fight from within. Not all NRA members agree with everything the NRA does, but you can't fight if your outside.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are multiple threads about this subject. I'm glad you went back and read this thread. If you had read the other threads you would have seen that I don't see the purpose of a bump stock, but I would defend the right to own one. See, I just did your homework for you.
Edit: I fight from within. Not all NRA members agree with everything the NRA does, but you can't fight if your outside.

Good grief, how hard was that?

You seriously expect someone to dig through multiple threads just to find your stance on a question in the current thread?

For what it's worth, I do appreciate your stance on bump stocks. I just wish the NRA agreed with you. I say that with no snark intended. I hope that you are successful in your fight to change the NRA, and I respect your choice to make the attempt. I choose to hold my support for the NRA until I believe they deserve it. We have different perspectives, but ultimately I don't think our goal differs much at all.

I don't normally allow myself to get sucked in to threads like this, because it's easy to be misunderstood. I've tried not to personally offend anyone, but I apologize if I have done so. I'll watch with interest, but for now I'm going back to the fun stuff like guns and boolits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom