NRA screws us again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun grabbers really hate the NRA and welcome any help that you guys give them in weakening the NRA. They know the power that the NRA has in Washington and have launched a fresh attack to vilify our most powerful pro gun voice. The NRA is not perfect but is still our best ally. I for one have just renewed my membership. I strongly support them. I say that it would be better to support them and tell the NRA leadership about the things that you disagree with. If you tear them down you are working with the gun grabbers to destroy the organization that does have the loudest pro gun voice. Just my two cents.

Please don't start with the "binary choice" argument. That's like telling a woman she's pro-abortion just because she doesn't run out and get knocked up for the hell of it. The NRA has proven conclusively that they are not interested in listening to anyone but themselves. They have become a bureaucracy in their own right, and I have no more use for that in the private sector than I do in the public one. I put Trump and the NRA in the same category: I want to support them both, but they can FOAD if they promise me one thing and then do the opposite.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun grabbers really hate the NRA and welcome any help that you guys give them in weakening the NRA. They know the power that the NRA has in Washington and have launched a fresh attack to vilify our most powerful pro gun voice. The NRA is not perfect but is still our best ally. I for one have just renewed my membership. I strongly support them. I say that it would be better to support them and tell the NRA leadership about the things that you disagree with. If you tear them down you are working with the gun grabbers to destroy the organization that does have the loudest pro gun voice. Just my two cents.
Agreed: just because we disagree with some of what they do now, please don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Given adequate documentation that an individual is a threat, (such as there seems to have been with Cruz) I don't think a law providing for the seizure and/or surrender of any firearms possessed by that person is unreasonable.

Please note what I just wrote. Given adequate documentation of a credible threat, I support such a law. What I don't support is a law permitting such an order because your neighbor up the street decides to turn you in just because he or she doesn't like guns, and you have them. The subject of the order should be allowed to contest it before the order is issued and all evidence presented would have meet a higher legal standard than preponderance of the evidence. I suggest clear and convincing.

Also, it strikes me as just that the person making a frivolous complaint should be subject to heavy damages.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GOA and all the others put together equate to essentially NO VOICE AT ALL in comparison to the NRA. At least in D.C.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is something to be said for negative reinforcement. If the NRA sees their membership increase every time they support 2A infringements, it seems logical to me that they would take that as a sign that people support those infringements. If they saw their membership decline, that lost revenue might motivate them to listen to gun owners instead of their own echo chamber.

For all of the clout that the NRA is supposed to have, why is it that they can't hold the line with the Republican party in control of the White House and both houses of Congress? It's because LaPierre, Cox and the rest are worried about the same thing as their political counterparts--keeping their prestigious, high paying jobs. If HRC and the Democrats were in power, the NRA would be fighting Fix NICS and ERPOs tooth and nail for the same reason--keeping their prestigious, high paying jobs.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GOA and all the others put together equate to essentially NO VOICE AT ALL in comparison to the NRA. At least in D.C.

It's too bad that Trump isn't listening to GOA and all the others. Then he wouldn't be supporting the soft gun control being promoted by the NRA.

I know I hammer the NRA a lot, but it's because they do have so much power. When they talk, people do listen. Therefore it's important that anything they say be on point, because the media will not give them the opportunity to go back and make corrections. I think that the NRA has its priorities out of whack and has forgotten that the power they wield comes largely from the millions of members whose support they enjoy. I would love to write the NRA a check for a lifetime membership, but at this moment I can't do it in good conscience. Hopefully tomorrow I can.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys realize that you have a say in the NRA's dealing right?

Unlike almost any other large organization, NRA members have a direct say, and can fairly easily lobby their leaders within the organization. While I would like to see member influence made broader and easier, what we NRA members have is much better than most other membership groups enjoy, and certainly much greater than any of the anti-rights organizations like Bloomberg’s “Everytown” or the Brady Bunch.

NRA members who are Life Members or have maintained Annual Membership for at least 5 consecutive years, are eligible to vote for Directors each year. The Board of Directors is comprised of 76 members from all across the country. Each year, 25 seats are up for election for a three-year term. Any voting member can run for one of these seats, either by being nominated by the Nominating Committee, or by getting 250 other voting members to sign a petition. A 26th Director is elected to a one-year term at the Annual Convention by all members present over 18.

https://www.quora.com/How-influential-can-a-regular-NRA-member-be-within-the-NRA

Latest posts

Top Bottom