NRA screws us again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you quote how the GOA has passed any legislation in favor of the 2A supporter that has superseded what the NRA has accomplished?
Can you quote the power and influence they have in Washington?
Who has expressed fear of the GOA? Names please.
There is a reason the media never mentions the GOA, and its because they do little to nothing and they are not a big player in the legislative field of saving what we have left of the 2A.
I'd be all over the GOA if they had the power, but sadly, they don't.
I believe they do have over 1.5 million members, and are growing. IMHO, GOA is the purest supporter of 2A.
NRA has had a checkered past about 30 or so years ago, but I have faith in the current leadership, they stood firm after Sandy Hook. And they have been continually pushing right-to-carry reciprocity, open-carry, etc.
I would recommend again to everyone who is a real RKBA supporter, ignore people who will sign on these forums to destroy your support of the NRA. Some of them may be deliberate plants, although I get that some hard-core folk may not like everything the NRA does.
If the NRA and GOA lose power in DC we will get hosed by the politicians.

Last edited:

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's amusing to see some of the folks carrying the NRA's water ragging on the GOA. Who is this GOA? Where have I heard that name before? GOA? GOA who? For such an insignificant organization, a lot of people enjoy denigrating it for no other reason than that is isn't as big as the NRA.

If you think the NRA has handled the post-Parkland situation well, tell us about it.

If, like the NRA, you want rate increasing devices to be regulated, tell us why.
If, like the NRA, you're in favor of ERPOs tell us why--and don't forget to tell us about the safeguards which will prevent law abiding gun owners from EVER getting SWATTED.
If, like the NRA, you're in favor of NICS, a product of the Brady Bill, explain why.

As for Wayne LaPierre, he stood firm after Sandy Hook because it was politically expedient. With Obama in the White House, it was a no-brainer. It's ironic that he would be doing the same thing today if a Democrat were President.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They
I never ragged on GOA. I did offer them as an alternative. The GOA needs to step up to the plate.
They have stepped up to the plate and are responsible for quite a few anti gun grabber bills. AND unlike the NRA, GOAs' employees dont make 6 digit salaries either

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They

They have stepped up to the plate and are responsible for quite a few anti gun grabber bills. AND unlike the NRA, GOAs' employees dont make 6 digit salaries either
I keep asking for what bills your talking about?
I'm not against the GOA and support any organization to help us in the fight, along with the NRA.
I wouldn't mind becoming a member of GOA if I can see they are actually influential and are actually using the money to get legislation passed.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been an NRA member for decades, hold an NRA instructor certification and even did some recruiting for them back in the 90's.

After the Las Vegas shooting, instead of keeping his mouth shut, Wayne LaPierre issued a statement basically telling the world that the NRA approved banning of bump stocks.....I know those weren't his exact words, but the meaning is the same. Now, I don't have any desire to own a bump stock, but banning bump stocks because someone used one in a crime is no different than the anti gunners wanting to ban "assault rifles" for the same reason!! The NRA has been saying for years that you can't blame an inanimate object (a gun) when it is misused by a criminal......then, they turn around and do exactly the same thing!!

The NRA leadership knows that the BATF has reviewed bump stocks and has ruled that they do not meet the legal definition of an NFA weapon, yet they open the door and invite the BATF to change the ruling even though the legal definition has not changed. If that isn't consorting with the enemy, I'm not sure what to call it.

Now, again, instead of keeping his mouth shut, Chris Cox issues another statement reversing the NRA position on "extreme risk protection orders" saying it's a great idea as long as the order is subject to due process.......excuse me if I don't trust the government and liberal judges to not abuse and misuse the law when it suits them!! We read about this abuse every day yet Chris Cox wants us to trust that it will be different this time???

Sorry, but the NRA no longer speaks for me.......LaPierre, Cox and any other NRA leadership that agrees with these ideas need to be run out on a rail!

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been an NRA member for decades, hold an NRA instructor certification and even did some recruiting for them back in the 90's.

After the Las Vegas shooting, instead of keeping his mouth shut, Wayne LaPierre issued a statement basically telling the world that the NRA approved banning of bump stocks.....I know those weren't his exact words, but the meaning is the same. Now, I don't have any desire to own a bump stock, but banning bump stocks because someone used one in a crime is no different than the anti gunners wanting to ban "assault rifles" for the same reason!! The NRA has been saying for years that you can't blame an inanimate object (a gun) when it is misused by a criminal......then, they turn around and do exactly the same thing!!

The NRA leadership knows that the BATF has reviewed bump stocks and has ruled that they do not meet the legal definition of an NFA weapon, yet they open the door and invite the BATF to change the ruling even though the legal definition has not changed. If that isn't consorting with the enemy, I'm not sure what to call it.

Now, again, instead of keeping his mouth shut, Chris Cox issues another statement reversing the NRA position on "extreme risk protection orders" saying it's a great idea as long as the order is subject to due process.......excuse me if I don't trust the government and liberal judges to not abuse and misuse the law when it suits them!! We read about this abuse every day yet Chris Cox wants us to trust that it will be different this time???

Sorry, but the NRA no longer speaks for me.......LaPierre, Cox and any other NRA leadership that agrees with these ideas need to be run out on a rail!

Amen.

Buckle up, because some folks around here can’t handle that truth. In a post or two somebody will trot out the GOA red herring in an effort to hijack the thread.

They may also accuse you of being complicit with the antis, a dupe of the media, and being okay with the Parkland slaughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom