NRA screws us again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, how do we get rid of LaPiere, Cox and the rest of the compromisers in the NRA hierarchy and still support the NRA??

Give them more money, of course! It's like when you don't like the anti-2A stance of the Democratic Party, and then you register as a Democrat and vote for Democratic candidates and donate money to the DNC.

Okay, that was a little sarcastic, but it's pretty much what you're going to hear.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give them more money, of course! It's like when you don't like the anti-2A stance of the Democratic Party, and then you register as a Democrat and vote for Democratic candidates and donate money to the DNC.

Okay, that was a little sarcastic, but it's pretty much what you're going to hear.

LOL......You not even close in your analogy. Think for a minute about what you just said, and how the political process in this country operates.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regular members have no vote or voice......that ballot they send out every year is a joke!

Only way I can see to get their attention is to be a big donor.....money talks!!

Tell you what, you get me LaPierre's phone number so I can call him and voice my displeasure at his latest compromise.......then I might believe that the general membership has a voice......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regular members have no vote or voice......that ballot they send out every year is a joke!

Only way I can see to get their attention is to be a big donor.....money talks!!

Tell you what, you get me LaPierre's phone number so I can call him and voice my displeasure at his latest compromise.......then I might believe that the general membership has a voice......
LOL.......
The ballot is a joke? How so?
You have the same voice you have with the Congress. Email and calling in your displeasure.
If your sending in a complaint to a kansas congressman and you live in Ok, your pissing in the wind.
If your from Ok sending to an ok congressman/woman, you might have a little voice.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL......You not even close in your analogy. Think for a minute about what you just said, and how the political process in this country operates.

My analogy is spot on. Your solution to changing an organization's bad behavior is to reward them by giving them money in the form of membership dues. Think for a minute about what I just said...

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep asking for what bills your talking about?
I'm not against the GOA and support any organization to help us in the fight, along with the NRA.
I wouldn't mind becoming a member of GOA if I can see they are actually influential and are actually using the money to get legislation passed.
A few,
On June 6, 1995, Gun Owners of America helped in lobbying the House of Representatives to vote against the Moran Amendment, by a vote of 278 to 149. The amendment would have banned .50 caliber weapons from being licensed for export.

On July 13, 2006, Senator David Vitter saw an 84–16 vote for his amendment prohibiting the use of federal money for federal agents to confiscate weapons during a declared state of emergency. This bill was passed less than a year after the devastation in Vitter's home state from Hurricane Katrina.

On June 27, 2007, the Pence Amendment passed. The bill, named after then-Representative Mike Pence, was passed by a vote of 309–115. According to Gun Owners of America, the amendment blocked the Federal Communications Commission's ability to use the Fairness Doctrine in order to limit the free speech allowed by organizations like Gun Owners of America over the airwaves.

On August 9, 2007, Gun Owners of America supported Vitter's work in pushing through a bill stating that no U.S. funds can be used by the United Nations or any group affiliated with the United Nations to restrict or tax Second Amendment rights. If they attempt to do so, the U.S. can withdraw their funds from the organization. This bill, HR-2764, also known as the Consolidated Appropriations Act, passed by an 81–10 vote.

On February 25, 2008, Senator Jim DeMint amended bill S-1200, the Indian Health Care Improvement Act. The act stated that the funds were to be used for "violence prevention". Once the funds were attempted to be used for gun buybacks and other such anti-gun policies, DeMint pushed through an amendment to the act stating that the money cannot be used for any anti-gun programs. The bill passed by a margin of 78–11. (copied from Wiki, and I checked the references)

Amy not seem like much, but then like previously said, GOA has a much smaller budget than the NRA

Another thing the NRA has done is to take to court up and coming Pro Gun organizations and completely shut them up. One such group was ACU (Armed Citizens United) Before they could even get off the ground, the NRA had them tied up in a legal battle until they completely ran out of money. A completely ****ed up thing for "The" Pro Gun organization to do to another

Latest posts

Top Bottom