NRA's Carry Guard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
USCCA has a 24/7 hot line/response team,
CCW Safe only sends a rep if they have one in your particular area.
USCCA pays out, guilty or not. Period
CCW Safes "national trial Council" vetting process, means nothing. Vetting of Lawyers in the program is done by the companies lawyers based on Pro 2A and self defense trial experience. USCCA uses the same vetting process.

That chart is either over 2 years old, or CCW Safe is engaging in deceptive marketing

I cant answer for the other companies in the chart.
Not true on ccw safe sends a rep no matter where the client lives

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I may be able to shed some light on the different products. I am the critical response coordinator for CCW safe. I am retired OCPD and OK DA. I was active on the forums a few years ago as Gary@R&G.

Full disclosure saddlebum is my brother.

rc508abn I am not sure who you talked to. I am the rep who goes out. Just spent a week in NC. If you follow our website or Facebook page (no membership required) you will hear our member in NC tell about his murder charge and the fact that the CCW safe rep was there to bond him out of jail ($500K). Our rep assigned to that case at its onset even negotiated a 1 year severance package for our member when his employer insisted he was to be fired.

As to the products they vary greatly from company to company. We pay costs all up front. The defense of our member in NC cost $300k. He was not out a Penny other than his $179 membership. Carry guard is a re-imbursement product. They pay 20% up front and the rest on reimbursement. Of all the plans out there carry guard is the weakest IMHO. It isn't really an NRA product. The NRA uses a third party vendor.

USCCA is a good company. They do limit their payouts based upon plan level. They have civil judgement coverage that we do not currently offer. However it is contingent on no criminal conviction or plea. If no criminal conviction the likelihood of needing civil judgement relief is reduced. In Oklahoma if the shooting is ruled self defense the law actually offers a level of immunity. However as we all know there is a good chance someone will challenge that immunity so you will still need representation. We pay civil representation regardless. We hope to have a civil judgement product out soon.

Lastly we are Oklahoma born and bred. All of the founders are former LEO's. Several of us have been involved in shootings and have been sued. That experience led our CEO to co-found CCW safe.

If anyone has questions feel free to pm, call or shoot me an email. I am not in sales and don't get a commission on referrals. I am paid for my skillset with a specialty in homicide investigations and prosecutions support. So my advice to everyone is to research each product carefully. Ask questions and read the damn fine print. Dare to compare.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I may be able to shed some light on the different products. I am the critical response coordinator for CCW safe. I am retired OCPD and OK DA. I was active on the forums a few years ago as Gary@R&G.

Full disclosure saddlebum is my brother.

rc508abn I am not sure who you talked to. I am the rep who goes out. Just spent a week in NC. If you follow our website or Facebook page (no membership required) you will hear our member in NC tell about his murder charge and the fact that the CCW safe rep was there to bond him out of jail ($500K). Our rep assigned to that case at its onset even negotiated a 1 year severance package for our member when his employer insisted he was to be fired.

As to the products they vary greatly from company to company. We pay costs all up front. The defense of our member in NC cost $300k. He was not out a Penny other than his $179 membership. Carry guard is a re-imbursement product. They pay 20% up front and the rest on reimbursement. Of all the plans out there carry guard is the weakest IMHO. It isn't really an NRA product. The NRA uses a third party vendor.

USCCA is a good company. They do limit their payouts based upon plan level. They have civil judgement coverage that we do not currently offer. However it is contingent on no criminal conviction or plea. If no criminal conviction the likelihood of needing civil judgement relief is reduced. In Oklahoma if the shooting is ruled self defense the law actually offers a level of immunity. However as we all know there is a good chance someone will challenge that immunity so you will still need representation. We pay civil representation regardless. We hope to have a civil judgement product out soon.

Lastly we are Oklahoma born and bred. All of the founders are former LEO's. Several of us have been involved in shootings and have been sued. That experience led our CEO to co-found CCW safe.

If anyone has questions feel free to pm, call or shoot me an email. I am not in sales and don't get a commission on referrals. I am paid for my skillset with a specialty in homicide investigations and prosecutions support. So my advice to everyone is to research each product carefully. Ask questions and read the damn fine print. Dare to compare.
Good info, however the civil coverage pays out regardless. That was changed almost 2 years ago. to match what you guys at CCW safe were doing

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. I think everyone who carries should be covered. Choosing the right product can be confusing. Lots of misinformation gets floated on the forums and the book of face. If I can help clear up any questions just ask. Otherwise I will be on here talking about my latest gun purchases (HK VP9SK and pre war SW 22 Kit gun)!

Latest posts

Top Bottom