Nuther whatsit thread I found these in an old fishing tackle box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thingy with the wires on it has .032 .035 .034 etc marked on it for the thickness of the wires like a spark plug gapping tool. I have never seen a gapper anything like this.
No other marks or brand name.

The other thingy is spring loaded and you can push on the bent up part moving it about an eighth of an inch. It has a sharp blade and a small hook feature next to the blade. I have been scouring the interwebs for a fishing knot tying tool but nothing like this thing.

?????????
whatsit fishin box 1.jpg
whatsit fishin box 2.jpg

This thing I found has the wedge shape but no feeler guages.

1626073637110.png

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little boy 90 years ago is walking home from a day spent fishing at the lake. Stepping up onto the curb, he spots a shiny object in the gutter, and decides to put it in his tackle box.

Some years later, the same boy, a bit older now but still filled with a boy’s wonder of the world around him, is sitting on a popular fishing pier, and he spots another interesting looking object on the planks of the pier. Into the tackle box it goes. High school passes, and during college he’s drafted into the Army. Unbeknownst to him, while he’s overseas his mother does some serious spring cleaning and scrap metal collecting for the war effort, and his tackle box disappears, apparently having been sold during a fundraising drive. The man, now out of the Army, searches high and low, but never finds his beloved tackle box again. The story vanishes into the mists of time…

…fast forward three quarters of a century, and someone is asking on a firearms forum WTH these two shiny objects are.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone will eventually come along and tell us how to use these, but I'm going with knot tying or something else to do with line, like a splicer or cutters of some sort.

I think I've seen something similar to the bottom one before, but I can't remember exactly where.

Latest posts

Top Bottom