Observation - People on edge...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this is no news to anyone on this forum, but I've had to talk to a few family members about rising tension in society.

I have seen more public altercations and road rage incidents in the past six months than I've ever seen in my life. People getting into confrontations over stupid stuff, turning a small issue or perceived wrong into reasons to release frustration and anger. Went through Fort Worth on Friday to get to a job in Waco, and saw three road rage incidents as I drove through on I-35. The other day some people got into a fight in a Walmart parking lot over a shopping cart. Everyone is on edge, people are more confrontational, and seemingly have less care to give. Society is seething right now, and it seems to me that it is going to boil over into something really nasty. We all know the reasons why, but this isn't about the politics or economics of it.

My brother is hot-headed as it is, and I had a pretty intense conversation with him about him needing to cool it off a bit and be smarter about stuff. I've had to tell my nieces and nephews to be more aware of their surroundings rather than being on their phones ignoring everything around them. Had to tell my sister to not drive so aggressively. I don't like having to tell them, but I'm scared they're going to get into a little incident and then it escalates into something no one wants to deal with.

Anyways, just a reminder that things are getting crazy and worse. You might think about having some discussions with your family, especially if you know they are maybe more susceptible to confrontation, like my brother, or if they are more oblivious to the current state of things, like the younger ones in my family. I know having that talk with my brother was a good thing, as difficult as it was. Stay safe, ya'll.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like to admit it, but during my 30s and 40s I was a very aggressive driver. Everyone on the road was an idiot. I was always in a hurry to get where I was going. Fortunately, it never lead to anything bad, but it never caused any good to happen, either.

I started mellowing as a driver after I left the insanely crowded Colorado roads for northern Idaho. Very little traffic there and it seemed like things didn't bother me as much. Now that I'm older, in my early 60s, I'll occasionally say something inside my truck to myself, but I rarely give the one-finger salute any more like I used to. It makes life a lot more pleasant now that I'm not so angered about what other people do...especially since I have no control over it.

I mean...the world would be a much better place if everyone drove like I do. That hasn't changed. It just doesn't bother me as much that they don't. :tounge2:
anim_coffee.gif

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am seeing the same thing. Due to the steal and the Putz in Chief's leadership, my retirement is over. I had to get a job just to help my family afford the necessities. I am a pick up/delivery driver now. I have made it my mission to get people I meet on the city streets to be kind to each other.

I have started to wave at oncoming drivers in my area and when I am at intersections, to always give the other driver the signal to proceed before me. I have also invested in a large bag of Milk Bone treats and to everyone in my delivery area that is walking a dog, I always ask them if I can give their dog a treat.

100% of the dog walkers have really appreciated the gesture and I have created goodwill wherever I go with my business marked van. I have had the job for about a month and I have actually seen some people wave back to me.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made it my mission to get people I meet on the city streets to be kind to each other.

I have started to wave at oncoming drivers in my area and when I am at intersections, to always give the other driver the signal to proceed before me.

OK... That's just crazy talk right there. 🤪

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I’m more patient because I know things aren’t good for a lot of people. Never know what they’re dealing with. I also try to be generous with little things and I that can restore some faith for someone that’s going through a patch. Also give a hug if you can.

I’ve been watching some videos on the Great Depression. Seems people helped each other a lot more then.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I think I’m more patient because I know things aren’t good for a lot of people. Never know what they’re dealing with. I also try to be generous with little things and I that can restore some faith for someone that’s going through a patch. Also give a hug if you can.

I’ve been watching some videos on the Great Depression. Seems people helped each other a lot more then.
yeah there was social cohesion during the depression. there is absolutely none of that now; culturally, religiously, demographically.

there is no america. it's already gone. a zombie corpse that no one is willing to admit died a long time ago.

just read how rome or any other empire fell. it's a death spiral:
->trade value of your population for cheaper foreign labor
->population becomes less native; more foreign
->incoming foreign population either is simply apathetic towards cultural norms or straight up subversive towards them
->after a few generations, no one cares or even knows enough about their homeland to care
->everyone kills each other over resources as the wealthy flee to safe havens
->some foreign power comes in and declares rule

the last steps happen fast. anyone is any kind of authoritative rule is at risk. anyone who is seen as in a better position than someone else is at risk.

start looking like a hobo, like you have nothing of value. this is already happening as a way of life in major coastal cities. they are already doing stuff like this. leaving things open for thieves instead of trying to create barriers, not going to certain areas, fleeing entirely, etc. etc.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I think that’s where the stress is coming from. Look at the last two years. No matter what your views are, people seem to think more hits are coming.
more hits are coming. simply put; no one is paying for anything very soon. i personally know lots of people who have already said "why bother?" in regards to utilities and whatnot.

are they gonna cut power and water to millions of people? because millions of people are about to strike.

Latest posts

Top Bottom