Observation - People on edge...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with your premise, but I’m not going to lecture my family or friends on how they should act. I still “parent” my kids even though my boys are 28 and 30 and on their own, but I don’t agree with lecturing a grown ass adult on how he/she should conduct themselves

Aren't guys who are 28 and 30 grown ass adults?

I don't have kids, just wasn't the path I took. I guess I look at my siblings and their families as the closest thing I have to a parenting responsibility.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't guys who are 28 and 30 grown ass adults?

I don't have kids, just wasn't the path I took. I guess I look at my siblings and their families as the closest thing I have to a parenting responsibility.
Yes, my sons are adults, BUT I’m still their Dad and always will be. I’m 53, and my Mother still nags on me and always will. My brother and I go to each other for advice, but neither of us try to force our ideas on the other.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, my sons are adults, BUT I’m still their Dad and always will be. I’m 53, and my Mother still nags on me and always will. My brother and I go to each other for advice, but neither of us try to force our ideas on the other.

So what's the difference? How was I forcing my ideas on someone, rather than just giving them some advice?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what's the difference? How was I forcing my ideas on someone, rather than just giving them some advice?
Maybe I’m reading more into your original post than what‘s there, but having “intense conversations“ and “telling” folks what to do, doesn’t sound like just offering advice or sharing ideas. Maybe there’s no difference, but to me, there is. :anyone:

I’d actually like to hear your family’s reaction to these conversations you’ve had with them. I would wager that they see them more from my perspective than yours.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I rode my Harley as my main work transportation I kicked a couple doors and fenders, broke side mirrors off 3 different cars and punched driver side windows hard twice on people who tried to run over me because of cell phones and one pinched me into 8" tall concrete center medium and sign post, ran a side street stop sign, cut me off, she had a huge Ford Excursion full off her socialite friends, all on cell phones oblivious that I got run into the sign post. I pulled up to drivers side in left turn lane, punched the window and screamed "YOU DRIVE LIKE S***"
A motorcycle cop saw me, pulled me over like 10 blocks away, told me to chill it wasnt worth going to jail, told me same thing has happened to him on his police Harley, said he had their tag # and was going to issue the l a ticket for distracted driving, running a stop sign and illegal lane change.
I got to know the cop, rented a house 2 doors down from him, great guy, we worked on bike stuff several times.
The older Harleys generated lots of old sparkplugs. (my old mag driven one did!)

I have heard of guys carrying a few of these in their vest while riding to remove headlights from offending four-wheel vehicles. I would never condone such behavior, being a forgiving, peaceful man myself.
Damn handy carrying a ball peen hammer on the frame for expedient modifications to passing Ftarded vehicles

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds like a cool job. Why not fly? Do you have equipment to lug? Or do you have an itinerary with cities close together?
I have equipment for testing to ANSI standards and because I used to inspect the deicers as well as ground support equipment at each airport from Pittsburgh to Bangor Maine and down to Newport New VA.

I seen things lol.

We get assigned contracts from our office as we are all independent and we accept them or deny based on seniority and nepotism lol.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that at least part of the problem is, crooked politicians, with the hel[p of the LAP DOG NEWS MEDIA, playing each group, against the other, as a way of gaining political support, and votes! Obama is a MASTER MANIPULATOR, and has set human, and race relation, back 100 years in this country, for his personal/political gain! We have an adult daughter that has had serious problems with drug abuse since she was 15! A couple of years ago, she was abusing perception drugs, several doctors in this area were writing her perceptions for these drugs, KNOWING she was addicted to them! Pharmaceutical Corporations offer INCENTIVES, CASH, TRIPS, ETC, to doctors to precribe more of these addictive drugs, and create more addicts! We have fought this for 35 years, and watched our daughter almost die several times, and NOT ONE POLITICIAN FROM ETHER PARTY HAS DONE, OR EVEN SAID, ONE WORD ABOUT THIS CRIME! PRESIDENT TRUMP DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I GUESS HE DIDN'T NEED THE BRIBE MONEY? NO WONDER THE CROOKS AND BIG Rx, WANTED HIM OUT OF OFFICE! I reached the end of my rope one day, I had talked to several doctors offices, they won't talk to me in person, I threatened to report them to the state medical authorities, etc, all a waste of time! This day I went to the city police, to talk to them about this one doctor being a DRUG DEALER, they almost arrested me, for being up set about this, so I went to this doctors office, and went in to talk to this bastard. OF course they wouldn't allow me to see him, so I told a waiting room full of patiants what this jerk really was, LOUD AND CLEAR! I left and after I cooled off this SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME, because had I been armed, I'm not sure what I would have done! I changed my way of thinking that day! Now as BLATANT, UNFAIR, and EVIL, as this legalized drug dealing by doctors is, there is nothing I can do about it, and I finially had to admit no one is forcing my daughter to take this crap! frustration can cause us to do some crazy things in the heat of the moment, that WE WOULD REGREAT FOR A LIFE TIME! She is doing much better I think?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, this are going to get worse. People are going to go bankrupt, lose their homes and livelihoods, no income and bills unpaid. They're going to get angry, very angry and blame someone for their situation and we don't need to be in their way. Treat them as nicely as possible and defuse their anger, do good to them or their children and they'll appreciate your help. The way to most people's good will is to befriend their child, that is what is closest to their heart. Try to avoid trouble, we have enough already on our platter if we're like a lot of people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom