Observation - People on edge...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Economic crisis is already happening, you watch society for where it will cut expenses.

1. Pets
2. Vices (alcohol and cigarettes)
3. Food budget
4. Transportation

You all will be seeing packs of dogs pretty soon, shelters are no longer taking them in, in Del City there are many roaming dogs and cats already that we see.

With hobbies and vices, less and less are smoking and marb has cut out three types of cigarettes, they are moving towards SNUS products as are the others.
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you about vices...

In hard times, the frequency of self-destructive behavior generally rises. As it gets harder and harder to put food on the table, and gas in the car.....alcohol consumption goes up. Along with tobacco and drug use. The closer we come to destruction as a society, the harder we tend to party. The fall of Rome is frequently mentioned as an example of what we're headed for...and a perfect example for illustrating my point.

The more pain and struggle that society as a whole endures, the more hedonistic the average consumer becomes.

My long term preps have included liquor and cartons of cigarettes for some time now, because when the time comes.... I'll need to keep all my beans n bullets for myself.
Just watch though. Folks will be trading away food for booze and chemicals even while their families starve to death.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you about vices...

In hard times, the frequency of self-destructive behavior generally rises. As it gets harder and harder to put food on the table, and gas in the car.....alcohol consumption goes up. Along with tobacco and drug use. The closer we come to destruction as a society, the harder we tend to party. The fall of Rome is frequently mentioned as an example of what we're headed for...and a perfect example for illustrating my point.

The more pain and struggle that society as a whole endures, the more hedonistic the average consumer becomes.

My long term preps have included liquor and cartons of cigarettes for some time now, because when the time comes.... I'll need to keep all my beans n bullets for myself.
Just watch though. Folks will be trading away food for booze and chemicals even while their families starve to death.
Oh...and pets. Those packs of dogs won't be around too long as things get worse. What was it Oklahomans called cats during the great depression? Oh yeah, "roof rabbit".

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You gave me an important reminder that we should all make room in our preparations for entertainment and enjoyment.

For example, a friend of mine kept a harmonica in his bug out bag. Gotta pass the time somehow.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I travel a lot, driving into some sketch areas as I do inspections on bucket trucks for utilities and such. Got to travel on site to do them as well.

Usually I do 5k miles a month, sometimes more in each little tiny town around and in major cities along the east coast and Midwest.
That sounds like a cool job. Why not fly? Do you have equipment to lug? Or do you have an itinerary with cities close together?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Back when I rode my Harley as my main work transportation I kicked a couple doors and fenders, broke side mirrors off 3 different cars and punched driver side windows hard twice on people who tried to run over me because of cell phones and one pinched me into 8" tall concrete center medium and sign post, ran a side street stop sign, cut me off, she had a huge Ford Excursion full off her socialite friends, all on cell phones oblivious that I got run into the sign post. I pulled up to drivers side in left turn lane, punched the window and screamed "YOU DRIVE LIKE S***"
A motorcycle cop saw me, pulled me over like 10 blocks away, told me to chill it wasnt worth going to jail, told me same thing has happened to him on his police Harley, said he had their tag # and was going to issue the lady a ticket for distracted driving, running a stop sign and illegal lane change.
I got to know the cop, rented a house 2 doors down from him, great guy, we worked on bike stuff several times.
The older Harleys generated lots of old sparkplugs. (my old mag driven one did!)

I have heard of guys carrying a few of these in their vest while riding to remove headlights from offending four-wheel vehicles. I would never condone such behavior, being a forgiving, peaceful man myself.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way too many people living way too close to each other, add in politics, wokeness, inflation, heat, and social media, its only a matter of time before someone cooks off over something stupid.
Yes, it’s already happening and has been for years in places like LA, Chicago, Seattle and other blue cities. Those places have been rioting, burning and looting for years.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try working retail if you think its bad out there.

The things you see cannot be unseen.
You need to start a thread with your stories! Be sure to include pictures.

Do you see many walking out with a basket full of un-purchased tools?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom