OC Arrest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That part came from Mr Luton, who is Assistant District Attorney, Chief of Civil Division.

They are government employees (sworn in and paid) doing business with the public (running a polling place) in a government-leased facility. That falls under 1277(A)1. Doesn't it?

Sure looks that way. We'll know more if/when charges are actually filed...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, you did say that it wasn't an issue and you did say that it is not cool. I left out any other qualifying statements and that must be where you think that I miss quoted you. I don't see it because you did say what I quoted. Can you find a current example of a gun openly carried in a polling place causing intimidation that kept some one from voting? I am not trying to say that a gun is needed to vote, I am trying to ask why it should be prohibited when openly carried? I don't know of anyone of voting age that is intimidated by the presence of a gun.

Is this what you meant to say? I think we should really make the distinction that a concealed gun isn't intimidating at all, because no one except the carrier knows it's there. Yet it's still immediately available for defense. Laws determine what is prohibited. However, I still feel that societal norms have an influence on what is and isn't considered acceptable conduct. Even if the law said it was OK to open carry at polling stations, I would consider it poor form to do so. Someone who doesn't feel comfortable around your piece in Walmart can always shop somewhere with a gunbuster sign. They can't do that with voting. They have one place to do it on election day.

As for your last sentence, have you asked everyone you know? You may not know you know someone who's intimidated by a gun carried by a stranger. I certainly know quite a few people of voting age that are intimidated, even by guns sitting there with no one touching them. I also know young children that want to shoot every gun they see! :)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Appears to be a misdemeanor charge. If he's convicted of that, can he still possess a firearm? It's not considered a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence charge, is it?

I'm sure he will still be able to possess a firearm. Heck, looking at the SDA he could even get away with keeping his license, but he will still have a misdemeanor arrest and conviction on his record. Not something I would want to lug around.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this what you meant to say? I think we should really make the distinction that a concealed gun isn't intimidating at all, because no one except the carrier knows it's there. Yet it's still immediately available for defense. Laws determine what is prohibited. However, I still feel that societal norms have an influence on what is and isn't considered acceptable conduct. Even if the law said it was OK to open carry at polling stations, I would consider it poor form to do so. Someone who doesn't feel comfortable around your piece in Walmart can always shop somewhere with a gunbuster sign. They can't do that with voting. They have one place to do it on election day.

As for your last sentence, have you asked everyone you know? You may not know you know someone who's intimidated by a gun carried by a stranger. I certainly know quite a few people of voting age that are intimidated, even by guns sitting there with no one touching them. I also know young children that want to shoot every gun they see! :)

I said it the way I meant to say it. If a person was intimidated by a gun in a polling place they could wait five minutes and vote after the gun left. The intimidation wouldn't happen after the gun was no longer there. Do you think the gun would make them start crying and run home and hide for the rest of the day?

I assume that someone that would be intimidated would call the police. The police would respond correctly. Young children wanting to shoot every gun has nothing to do with an open carry gun in a polling place. If you want to use facts about carrying guns it is a fact that criminals are intimidated by concealed carry because they don't know it isn't there. Voters are not criminals.

Let's think about societal norms. The gay rights movement knows how to change them. They flaunt their behavior in the open. They call people that doesn't like it names. It is working. The countries attitude about gays is changing.

Hiding from people afraid of guns will eventually lead to losing our guns rights. Those people need to see that guns aren't bad. The day that we can wear a gun in a polling place openly will be a good day. There is nothing wrong with it now. You need to get over your fear of other peoples phobias.

Latest posts

Top Bottom