OC in Crest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I OC every once in a while and when I do it’s either in my Miami Classic 2 shoulder rig or my Blackhawk serpa holster. Sadly I have seen numerous folks OC with zero retention. One was a really young dude at Walmart and he was checking out in front of us. He was carrying what looked like a small 9mm. It was on his right hip but further around. Almost directly over his right cheek. I was gonna say something but didn’t. If I was a bad guy I could have easily took it. I don’t get the point of carrying a little gun like that anyway. He had no spare mags. Chances are six-eight rounds ain’t gonna do it. I carry as many as I can. I could tell that he didn’t have much experience carrying a gun.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC every once in a while and when I do it’s either in my Miami Classic 2 shoulder rig or my Blackhawk serpa holster. Sadly I have seen numerous folks OC with zero retention. One was a really young dude at Walmart and he was checking out in front of us. He was carrying what looked like a small 9mm. It was on his right hip but further around. Almost directly over his right cheek. I was gonna say something but didn’t. If I was a bad guy I could have easily took it. I don’t get the point of carrying a little gun like that anyway. He had no spare mags. Chances are six-eight rounds ain’t gonna do it. I carry as many as I can. I could tell that he didn’t have much experience carrying a gun.
I have been preaching concealment and weapon retention training since joining this forum. In any situation you get into you have brought a weapon into the mix. You now have a responsibility to retain that weapon and if used, do so within the law. You are now seeing police officers being second guessed and charged and this is with the benefit of video. Please, if you are going to carry, PLEASE be safe and aware of your surroundings constantly.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been preaching concealment and weapon retention training since joining this forum. In any situation you get into you have brought a weapon into the mix. You now have a responsibility to retain that weapon and if used, do so within the law. You are now seeing police officers being second guessed and charged and this is with the benefit of video. Please, if you are going to carry, PLEASE be safe and aware of your surroundings constantly.
I always am. My head is always on a swivel. So much so my son says “ I’m paranoid “. Lol. I tell him it’s not paranoia but rather being prepared. I see so many that carry that aren’t like that. They act as if they are in a safety bubble and nothing will ever happen to them. Those are the ones it always happens to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom