Odin Atlas 6.5 comp install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my Odin Atlas in today and installed. Pictures attached include the unboxing, install of the comp baffle, install of titanium adjustable sleeve, end cap side view of top side and at range.
Sleeve and end cap torqued at 22 lbs.
Windy as hell and I kind of bumped the crap out of my scope. Knocked off zero so my rounds were all over the place. Did notice a difference in recoil. Not a great shooting base with my rice bag/sock thing and spraying everywhere but could tell less jump.
Will take out this week and try using my lead sled. Need to re-zero. Hope the comp isn't the reason for the change but we will see.
Came to the conclusion that Hornady 120 grain sucks in wind and you can't tell when you get a bad box. Not sure that's the reason but it's happened to me before. Wind was gusty as heck but should have done better. This was pathetic.
I really like the look. Atlas 1.JPG Atlas 2 baffle install.JPG Atlas 3 titanium sleave.JPG Atlas 4 sleave positioning end cap installed.JPG Atlas 5 side view.JPG Atlas 6 profile.JPG Atlas 7 top view.JPG Atlas 8 at range ready to test.JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great Steel!! Been staying away from that gun cause I really want one!!! Going to have to wait until after vacay so the wife does not go all crazy on me LOL

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one's kidded me about my messy work bench. Never looks that way but it was done on my lunch break and I was in a hurry.
My next big thing will be adding the LSS Chassis and an extension on the bolt arm.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LOL I was going to say something but I was giving my black powder rifles a thorough cleaning yesterday and my bench looks worse !!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL I was going to say something but I was giving my black powder rifles a thorough cleaning yesterday and my bench looks worse !!
I was working on a home made bench rest. Trying to figure how to do it and how to make it do exactly what I want it to do.
It's called a work bench for a reason...Ha!
It's sort of like working. No matter what I do I end up bleeding. I tell my wife "if you ain't bleeding, you ain't working"

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good. How much of the recoil do you think it eliminated? It probably has more to do with your POI change than bumping your scope. Unless you have crappy rings.
Could be crappy rings I bought them from Cabela's. As far as the reduction in recoil (the 6.5 is not that bad to start with) I'd have to guess and in hind sight that's hard to do. Noticeable reduction in recoil is all I can honestly say. A lot of difference in muzzle rise.
There are better but not much when you consider the price. And those are not as easy adjustable.
If I were an expert in this area I could be more help, but I 'm not. I'm just satisfied with what I got and thinking about one for my AR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom