Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't know what happened, but your second pic didn't come through and it doesn't work as a link.

Here it is.
s-l400%20(1).jpg

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stuck 50# of Venison in the freezer today. Had very clear instructions, you had the last of the deer, quit watching and start filling the freezer.

Walking in during rut is always fun. Thought a neighbor had a horse loose, was thinking again, we did this twice last year. Turned and it was 2 does and a big buck. The girls went around me at under 10'. He stopped snorted at me at around 15' and took off after the girls, could not bring the crossbow around fast enough. Walking in to my clearing to get in my stand same set bowled thru at full speed, crossed my little 30 yards faster than I could turn around. They blew by my wife who was walking into her stand. My friend a quarter mile away reported seeing them there 5 minutes before my visit and about 5 minutes after my wife's visit.

A few hours later the poor 4 point met the end when he made me in the tree. Didn't know what I was, blew me but didn't run, hour long (2 minutes probably) stare down and he went back to tracking the does, turned and blew me again. During our second blow he scooted off an 8 point coming in. So, yeah, he is now a house guest, hope he likes it in that little frozen box.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well its not a giant but my first bow kill ever so I'm happy with him!!
Kirk, A big congrats on your first bow kill!!! That’s a milestone!!!:thumb:

I stuck 50# of Venison in the freezer today. Had very clear instructions, you had the last of the deer, quit watching and start filling the freezer.

Walking in during rut is always fun. Thought a neighbor had a horse loose, was thinking again, we did this twice last year. Turned and it was 2 does and a big buck. The girls went around me at under 10'. He stopped snorted at me at around 15' and took off after the girls, could not bring the crossbow around fast enough. Walking in to my clearing to get in my stand same set bowled thru at full speed, crossed my little 30 yards faster than I could turn around. They blew by my wife who was walking into her stand. My friend a quarter mile away reported seeing them there 5 minutes before my visit and about 5 minutes after my wife's visit.

A few hours later the poor 4 point met the end when he made me in the tree. Didn't know what I was, blew me but didn't run, hour long (2 minutes probably) stare down and he went back to tracking the does, turned and blew me again. During our second blow he scooted off an 8 point coming in. So, yeah, he is now a house guest, hope he likes it in that little frozen box.
Rswink, it’s always good to keep the wife happy. Congrats on your buck!!!:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom