OEA declares that teaching is a political act.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was this tweet made?
“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi

28 July 2019

SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOPS!

View attachment 141018

Damn near an admission of treason on the part of the earthsack.

That will never happen as no other group of people in the world has the balls to do what our founders did in 1776. The election map is very red except for the coasts, reservations and major cities. The majority will remain the majority as long as we're just as determined as they are, and don't run away.

I wish that I could 100% agree with you on this, but way too many places around the country are slowly starting to become purple look at Dallas, Tulsa, Okc, Del City, & Midwest City for example. This crap the teacher's union is pulling will only makr it worse. NEA and OEA have always been a bunch of political loons.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I got my NEA rag today. It’s called nea Today. The OEA is Focus. Honestly, I haven’t thumbed through either in a year or so. Since we’re having this discussion, I searched through it. A couple takeaways, the word democracy is used as much as the word education. The only mention of republican lawmakers is to say how bad they suck. All of the democrat candidates are mentioned along with ‘I’m sure everyone reading this has their favorite’
D8ABA2EB-5E6B-4AF2-87D8-95C15ED4DC77.jpeg

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NEA/OEA does not represent all teachers.

There are other teacher representative organizations out there.
Definitely more conservative ones.
But then there’s that political affiliation again. There are also non-partisan representative groups that many teachers are a part of.

I encourage you to not group all teachers into the same group. Not all believe as the NEA/OEA do.

And insulting those teachers here as some have done is irresponsible and unwarranted.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
@jmike314 do you care to post some info on those other groups? My wife quit teaching and has home schooled our kids but when they go to college she may return to teaching. The only concern we always had with her not joining NEA/OEA was legal representation. Now its even worse than when she quit teaching. I think a lot of teachers pay their money to an organization they don't want to be a part of simply for the legal protection.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEA/OEA does not represent all teachers.

There are other teacher representative organizations out there.
Definitely more conservative ones.
But then there’s that political affiliation again. There are also non-partisan representative groups that many teachers are a part of.

I encourage you to not group all teachers into the same group. Not all believe as the NEA/OEA do.

And insulting those teachers here as some have done is irresponsible and unwarranted.

- Oobedoob Benubi

You are right,Mike. We met a few years ago and if I remember correctly,you are a teacher.
There is POE, professional Oklahoma educators and AFT,American federation of teachers.
Both lean more to the conservative side. The issue is that they rarely or not at all have a seat at the bargaining table.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And then they wonder why more and more people are homeschooling? Because even someone of moderate education can do a better job of teaching a young one the three R's and how to critically think for themselves. Something that no longer happens in "public" schools by their own admissions.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That will never happen as no other group of people in the world has the balls to do what our founders did in 1776. The election map is very red except for the coasts, reservations and major cities. The majority will remain the majority as long as we're just as determined as they are, and don't run away.
You can think that but you would be wrong, they start indoctrinating earlier and earlier. They simply produce more liberals then we do conservatives, look what they have done in just the last 20 years. Now extrapolate the advance of the last 20 years for the next 20 then do that same thing at 40 years. Quite a few of us here are dead at that 40 year mark replaced by a left wing nut job, not a conservative. Texas is in danger of turning blue, and so is Arizona..... California is simply gone, this should show us something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom