Off-Duty Firefighter Stops Armed Man at Springfield, Mo Walmart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the point... this is all about personal responsibility, too. Personal responsibility to utilize the rights we already have in a manner that is responsible and not likely to cause stampede and danger or the rush to take those rights away.

I'm not arguing whether this guy should or should not have the RIGHT to do what he did... that isn't the point. My point is, he's a f***ing idiot who is one of the ones who is contributing to what WILL be the LOSS of OUR rights. Those rights belong to ALL of us. And him and a few f***ing morons (shooters and 2A auditors alike) are GOING to get them taken away.

Like setting up a rally and screaming racial epithets and stirring up hatred and violence - stupid way to exercise your rights and get them rescinded. Europe is already there. We are on the path.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, But, But He's a Russian! OMG they have invaded and are attempting to get our gun laws changed and subvert the upcoming election.. Honey where's the keys to the bunker? It's time to bug out. OMG! OMG!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, But, But He's a Russian! OMG they have invaded and are attempting to get our gun laws changed and subvert the upcoming election.. Honey where's the keys to the bunker? It's time to bug out. OMG! OMG!
That's how we know he works for Trump.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read through this whole thread and there are good points on both sides. I cannot but help to fall back on a saying I've heard many times in my life. STUPID HURTS! This person may well have been within their rights, but they were far beyond the borders of responsible utilization of those rights. I can tell you if I had been in that store I would have been checking to make sure my M-43 was locked and loaded because no fool is going to be turning my family into target practice. Here's where I have issues with these audits. Is it really the public's job to educate the police? If I remember correctly that is what the person in the OK 2A audit said to the police. The police responded in a very appropriate way, he (the shift sargent) told the person that if they want to do this then they need to let the PD know so nobody gets unintentionally shot! That if this person feels like the police need more training in this they should have voiced their concerns to the town officials and maybe even arrange to come down to the station to show them (the police) that what they were looking at was by ATF definition, a pistol, and educate them that way. That walking through a park with families and children with a loaded AR was not the brightest way to achieve their purpose. I FULLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT OFFICER TOLD THAT PERSON! Walking into WalMart decked out for the zombie apocalypse while people are STILL in a state of heightened awareness over the other two shootings was tantamount to suicide by cop. This person's actions will indeed have negative connotations for every single one of the 140 million + guns owners in this country, and that to me is neither responsible nor demonstrating the kind of judgement that I want someone who is carrying a firearm to show.
Just my two cents, spend it wisely.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as an observation, the wife and I went to a Pizza Hut this evening in Logansport, Indiana. There was a pretty good sized crowd of people in there because Logansport is having some kind of Cass County festival with live music, a car show, and who knows what else.

What I noticed was a guy at the All You Can Eat Pizza Hut buffet with a handgun open carried on his belt.

I also noticed that there was absolutely NO SIGN of panic on the part of anyone. Either they didn't see it, or they didn't care.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as an observation, the wife and I went to a Pizza Hut this evening in Logansport, Indiana. There was a pretty good sized crowd of people in there because Logansport is having some kind of Cass County festival with live music, a car show, and who knows what else.

What I noticed was a guy at the All You Can Eat Pizza Hut buffet with a handgun open carried on his belt.

I also noticed that there was absolutely NO SIGN of panic on the part of anyone. Either they didn't see it, or they didn't care.

That’s because the public has become accustomed to seeing officers with guns on their hips.
The media has created the illusion that an AR-15 is an assault weapon only designed to kill masses of people and have no other purpose which is entirely wrong in 99.999999% of gun ownership.

I can kind of see some of the reasoning for the AR auditors to make that vision of an AR mute, but their tactics need to be honed and we have discussed how to do that in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom