Off-Duty Firefighter Stops Armed Man at Springfield, Mo Walmart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Well, it wasn't illegal" is not a statement that should be made by responsible citizens or mature adults as a way to justify or rationalize a moronic act.
Hmmm... is the off-duty Fireman in danger of being charged with anything?

If the rifle wasn't illegal, seems like he should be. Otherwise, anyone open-carrying (anything) could be subject to being held at gunpoint until the cops arrive. We can't have it both ways.

And stupidity by itself isn't a crime. :/

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... is the off-duty Fireman in danger of being charged with anything?

If the rifle wasn't illegal, seems like he should be. Otherwise, anyone open-carrying (anything) could be subject to being held at gunpoint until the cops arrive. We can't have it both ways.

And stupidity by itself isn't a crime. :/

Stupidity isn't a crime....but it's still friggin stupid and should be labeled and treated as such. The stupid ones should be outcast from the clan.

If the off duty fireman can articulate a legitimate fear for his safety then, no, I doubt he will face any charges.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were federal, I'd probably agree witch you. This is a local incident, very little political activity at this point in Missouri, media will be moving on to the next tweet from Trump. I bet he'll okay.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For holding a law-abiding citizen at gunpoint.

I fear it's only the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it's just me. :/
I don't know Mac whether the fireman would be charged with something or not but I'm like you if the dummy with the AR doesn't have any charges brought against him then was the fireman guilty of illegal detainment or worse? Strange case for sure.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I don't see what the guy did (maybe there is more to the story) as illegal, I don't like what he did and don't see what he is trying to achieve. I've watched numerous videos of these other YouTube 1A and 2A auditors and they are just stirring crap.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@RickN posted this in another Walmart thread. It does in deed sound like he was doing a "2A audit".
https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-...-was-testing-2nd-amendment-rights-prosecutors
And the system failed.

"Dmitriy Andreychenko is facing a terrorist threat charge for the incident" - even though he made no threatening moves, nor did he disobey any laws.

I don't understand why gun owners are ok with this. That 1911/Glock/whatever on your belt could easily trigger another "hero" to pull a fire alarm and call the cops.

It's a dangerous precedent IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom