Off-Duty Firefighter Stops Armed Man at Springfield, Mo Walmart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By confrontation I don't mean a gun fight. I think he was looking for an argument about whether he was legally able to do what he was doing or not.
Yeah, I understand what ya meant. I just thought maybe he was hoping for the best, rather than the worst.

I've tried several things I wasn't sure about over the years, but I don't remember ever thinking, "Gee, I hope this doesn't work."

He looked like a friendly (albeit misguided) kid. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand what ya meant. I just thought maybe he was hoping for the best, rather than the worst.

I've tried several things I wasn't sure about over the years, but I don't remember ever thinking, "Gee, I hope this doesn't work."

He looked like a friendly (albeit misguided) kid. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.
I haven't seen any videos from this guy. I would sure like too so I can get a better idea of how he does things. Have you seen the videos of the 2A auditors here in OK that are on YouTube? They do it on a regular basis too. I'm not convinced quite yet he is as dedicated as them but it sounds like he was doing something similar.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if he wore a Glock on his belt with the same intention... he'd still be looking for confrontation?
Guys wearing Glocks don't do this nonsense. Only guys with short ARs with braces do. Have you not watched any 2A auditors? Oh wait you got dial-up. Just trust me on this one. :D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This idiot and others like him specifically looking to rub peoples' nose in the 2A, intentionally causing a stir just DAYS after dozens of people die in mass shootings are EXACTLY the f***ing idiots that are GOING to get favorable gun laws repealed and nullified. It's f***ing ridiculous, and while you can play ignorant and play stupid and throw your hands up and say, "He didn't do anything illegal", I can guarantee you if YOU were at WalMart with YOUR family and you see a guy walking in from the parking lot dressed up all Tactical Timmy with a short AR, multiple mags strapped on and full camo'd out, you'd IMMEDIATELY be concerned and paying REAL close attention, if not looking for cover or concealment. And THAT is people like us who are PRO-GUN, and educated about guns and about the laws where we live and believe people should be allowed to carry them without infringement. Let's face it, most people don't feel the same way we do. Not to that extent. The "majority" that votes in state elections are the ones whom in OK recently turned most drug offenses into a ticketable misdemeanor, raised the felony larceny bar to $1000 and voted to pass a recreational marijuana law disguised as a "medical" one.

It's just ridiculous to continue to defend outrageous and openly confrontational behavior. Maybe this guy didn't break any law by technicality, but strapping on all that gear and wandering into a WalMart WHILE FILMING YOURSELF ON YOUR F***ING iPHONE just DAYS after multiple mass shootings is asking to get ventilated, which in and of itself is bad enough, but is ALSO asking to get MY F***ING gun rights restricted. Point blank.

Thanks a lot, @$$hole.

If it wasn't illegal yesterday, it's going to be soon.

Goodbye pistol braces.
Goodbye "pistol" ARs altogether, I'd bet.
Goodbye many more gun-friendly zones.
Goodbye Open Carry, worst case, and IMNSHO, likely to come about EXACTLY from situations like this one, in some places. It's just f***ing stupid. Matter of fact, the thesaurus doesn't even have enough and strong enough synonyms for stupid to clarify exactly how I feel. Am I advocating further restrictions? No... but I guarantee you, THIS kind of sheisse is how it is going to come about. 100%.

All it takes is a "clarification" from the BATFE, brought down from on high by an Exective Order from our not-that-gun-friendly Commander In Chief.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again... I'm not defending his actions. I've already said the incident is dumber than a stump IMO.

However... if ignoring gun rights because of stupidity is acceptable in this case, it sets a very dangerous precedent (i.e. that it's ok to ignore gun rights because of public opinion). I can easily see that coming back to bite gun-owners.

As usual, just my 2¢.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This idiot and others like him specifically looking to rub peoples' nose in the 2A, intentionally causing a stir just DAYS after dozens of people die in mass shootings are EXACTLY the f***ing idiots that are GOING to get favorable gun laws repealed and nullified. It's f***ing ridiculous, and while you can play ignorant and play stupid and throw your hands up and say, "He didn't do anything illegal", I can guarantee you if YOU were at WalMart with YOUR family and you see a guy walking in from the parking lot dressed up all Tactical Timmy with a short AR, multiple mags strapped on and full camo'd out, you'd IMMEDIATELY be concerned and paying REAL close attention, if not looking for cover or concealment. And THAT is people like us who are PRO-GUN, and educated about guns and about the laws where we live and believe people should be allowed to carry them without infringement. Let's face it, most people don't feel the same way we do. Not to that extent. The "majority" that votes in state elections are the ones whom in OK recently turned most drug offenses into a ticketable misdemeanor, raised the felony larceny bar to $1000 and voted to pass a recreational marijuana law disguised as a "medical" one.

It's just ridiculous to continue to defend outrageous and openly confrontational behavior. Maybe this guy didn't break any law by technicality, but strapping on all that gear and wandering into a WalMart WHILE FILMING YOURSELF ON YOUR F***ING iPHONE just DAYS after multiple mass shootings is asking to get ventilated, which in and of itself is bad enough, but is ALSO asking to get MY F***ING gun rights restricted. Point blank.

Thanks a lot, @$$hole.

If it wasn't illegal yesterday, it's going to be soon.

Goodbye pistol braces.
Goodbye "pistol" ARs altogether, I'd bet.
Goodbye many more gun-friendly zones.
Goodbye Open Carry, worst case, and IMNSHO, likely to come about EXACTLY from situations like this one, in some places. It's just f***ing stupid. Matter of fact, the thesaurus doesn't even have enough and strong enough synonyms for stupid to clarify exactly how I feel. Am I advocating further restrictions? No... but I guarantee you, THIS kind of sheisse is how it is going to come about. 100%.

All it takes is a "clarification" from the BATFE, brought down from on high by an Exective Order from our not-that-gun-friendly Commander In Chief.

I sure wish you'd stop beatin' around the bush here @tRidiot and just come out and say how you feel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom