Offended

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
180308-ImOffended.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's okay to be offended, if the offense is truly offensive. After all, the best defense is often a good offense. But that's not true of everything. The key is to separate good-natured ribbing from truly offensive comments or actions. Some folks just can't handle being poked a little and get offended way to easily...just sayin'...:comfort:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's okay to be offended, if the offense is truly offensive. After all, the best defense is often a good offense. But that's not true of everything. The key is to separate good-natured ribbing from truly offensive comments or actions. Some folks just can't handle being poked a little and get offended way to easily...just sayin'...:comfort:
Quite so. I don't mind good-natured ribbing, even if it's at my expense, but meanness is something that I don't care for.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the one hand, freedom of speech will sometimes involve offending people. This is part of the old adage, "Freedom is not free".
On the other hand using it to demean others without a justifiable reason for doing so is harmful. It's easier to drive a wedge than put something back together. Probably best to temper your sense of "justice" with some love for your common man.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the one hand, freedom of speech will sometimes involve offending people. This is part of the old adage, "Freedom is not free".
On the other hand using it to demean others without a justifiable reason for doing so is harmful. It's easier to drive a wedge than put something back together. Probably best to temper your sense of "justice" with some love for your common man.

I also like the phrase, "The Constitution has absolutely nothing that provides one with the freedom from being offended."

My own comment is, "Just don't be a victim."

Latest posts

Top Bottom