Officer suffers panic attack and must be disarmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[video]
Published on Oct 17, 2017SEVIERVILLE, Tenn., — A Sevier County Sheriff’s Office deputy opened fire without warning in a mobile home park, suffered an apparent panic attack four minutes later and was forcibly disarmed by a paramedic, body camera footage shows. Deputy Justin Johnson did not mention the panic attack in his report on the December 2016 incident, and he remains on active duty, court records show. Brian Keith Mullinax, 41, and his girlfriend, Tina Carrie Jo Cody, 37, spent 42 days in jail on felony charges, accused of causing what was described in court statements as a "panic attack" and which a detective called "some type of cardiac event." They remain under prosecution on misdemeanor charges, court records show.

Tulsa sheriff's deputy material

I hate to say this but.....maybe he can be employed making instructional videos demonstrating how NOT to act when subjects aren’t obeying your commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a YouTube channel called Police Activity (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMYxKMh3prxnM_4kYZuB3g/featured). They just show body cam and dash cam footage. They have no agenda. They just show it with whatever description that was released with it at the time. I'd say 90% of them show great jobs by the police, but they also show ones like the one above and also blatant abuse. But it's kind of addicting to watch these.

Some are hilarious...(the guy wasn't hurt, btw)

Some are heartwarming...

Some are pretty damned scary...

A small percentage are blatantly abusive...(this cop got 4 years in the federal pen)

BTW, the kid in the car is the son of a cop and was doing what his father told him to do about this cop who was constantly harassing him. The cop actually killed the kid with the taser deployed 5x longer than necessary. EMTs did revive him after 8 min of no heartbeat. The thing that got the cop jail time was the face plant into the cement curb.

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gives us civilians a small taste of the stress LEO's go through. And to think the prick NFL players are protesting and making their job(s) even more stressful.
Pull the trigger and save your life but go to jail. Don't pull the trigger and get killed. This has to go through their mind when all they should be thinking about is if it's a threat.
I doubt reaction and training can fix the F'ed up mind a cop has now, just trying to do his job and not get killed. Shoot....don't shoot.....
Thanks to all the LEO's. I appreciate and respect you.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gives us civilians a small taste of the stress LEO's go through. And to think the prick NFL players are protesting and making their job(s) even more stressful.
Pull the trigger and save your life but go to jail. Don't pull the trigger and get killed. This has to go through their mind when all they should be thinking about is if it's a threat.
I doubt reaction and training can fix the F'ed up mind a cop has now, just trying to do his job and not get killed. Shoot....don't shoot.....
Thanks to all the LEO's. I appreciate and respect you.

Bad enough that the job is tough, dangerous and thankless in many of the communities they work in; but then they have supposed journalists reporting lies from the criminals’ associates. Finally, our last President repeatedly undermined public confidence in Law Enforcement by taking sides with the criminals; and Holder the FBI Director backed up the President. You couldn’t write this stuff.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom