Officer with Rifle Takes Out Alleged Police Attacker from 180+ Yards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then they should be put on retirement at that point, become a fireman if you need the excitement, but not going to remain an officer.
People are a little more sentient than an animal when it comes to taking a life, generally. True there are various psychopathic tendencies that can manifest themselves but they should have been screened long before a person hits the street.

Here’s where my psycho creds hang out. I think that too many people forget that the individual does owe to the greater good if they expect to reap any benefits from society at large. That’s the extent of my collectivist mind. There’s some folks can’t play well with others under any circumstances and need to be culled if they won’t self segregate.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The job isn’t to kill people. The job is to stop the unlawful, dangerous, harmful or threatening action.

That's true. And to do that, many times they are required (and empowered, I might add) to employ lethal force. They call it lethal for a reason. An officer may not intend to kill...but the probable consequence of employing lethal force is death in many cases.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The job isn’t to kill people. The job is to stop the unlawful, dangerous, harmful or threatening action.
I realize this is probably hard for you to comprehend, but sometimes the police have no other option other than to use deadly force to stop "unlawful, dangerous or harmful or threatening action." The result of that may end up with the perpetrator being killed. It's not the outcome anyone wants to see happen, unfortunately though, sometimes it is unavoidable. But considering how absurd your comment is I suppose you think they should shoot them in the leg or shoot the gun out of their hand or something equally as ridiculous.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom