Officer with Rifle Takes Out Alleged Police Attacker from 180+ Yards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I value life....even the bad ones we can possibly learn from to prevent it with others?

Greatness isn't cheering on the killing without their day in court...I know this instance and a great many others it isnt an option and they gotta die.

That isn't what you mean. Nope you are a vile wretch of humanity that has no compassion for a thing.

I think the misunderstanding is in thinking everyone is a like. Many human beings are a wreck after killing other humans. That is a fact. If you read the book “On Killing” and the many other books like it, there is a large body of evidence that supports your central argument. An individual is changed when placed in a situation where they are forced to take a life and they should be greatly cared for after doing so.

The problem with your argument is this, there are only so many among us that are capable of taking a life and then continuing to function. If we find those few individuals who are capable of coping with that act, we should empower them to do what so many are incapable of doing. That is, delivering judgement when swift judgement is required.

Why would we retire a high functioning individual who is capable of doing, what statistically few are capable of doing? There are so few warriors in society today and so few opportunities to separate the “so-called” warriors from those that are true in heart.

Your argument is from compassion and I understand that, but the true warriors don’t cope well with retirement and being handcuffed. Many times when placed in a caring environment those men take their own lives rather than live commonplace.

True compassion is letting people be who they are. Let warriors shoulder the burden of death and destruction. If there’s violence in their hearts, let them put that violence to good use. The men I know in this capacity do so happily and with great pride.

If you are incapable of being violent, or living with yourself afterwards, be thankful for the men and women who happily perpetrate violence so that you can live free.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then they should be put on retirement at that point, become a fireman if you need the excitement, but not going to remain an officer.

So, when a highly dangerous event takes place, there are times that firefighters and EMT's cannot enter an area until that area has been secured by policemen. And, sometimes, securing that area requires the stopping of a thread with deadly force.

If all the cops took your advice and became firefighters, anarchy would be prevalent.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many are making the assumption that because this Officer ended a life that he is just a stone-cold killer. For all we know, he may be a self-termination news headline by next week because of his actions. For myself I am offering up a prayer to him, his family, and the family of the one he killed.

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize this is probably hard for you to comprehend, but sometimes the police have no other option other than to use deadly force to stop "unlawful, dangerous or harmful or threatening action." The result of that may end up with the perpetrator being killed. It's not the outcome anyone wants to see happen, unfortunately though, sometimes it is unavoidable. But considering how absurd your comment is I suppose you think they should shoot them in the leg or shoot the gun out of their hand or something equally as ridiculous.
I took yukonjack's post to mean exactly what you're saying. Same applies to self defense.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took yukonjack's post to mean exactly what you're saying. Same applies to self defense.
Maybe, but he certainly wasn't very clear about it if that's true. He seemed to imply, more than once, that the officer shot to kill in spite of the fact that there is no evidence of it. As I, and others said, the officer used lethal force not to kill, but only to stop the threat. All yukonjack had to do was agree that that was what his point was and the discussion would have been over. Simple as that IMO

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow...no I am saying he had to do what he did, but why should he still remain a cop?

Are the people within this place so blood thirsty they are ok with someone else doing all the killing?

Hell you can start a milita in your respective towns and handle things yourself.
Is this you ACJ coming back to visit us?

Latest posts

Top Bottom