Officer with Rifle Takes Out Alleged Police Attacker from 180+ Yards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I think the biggest gap between how I interpret what happened in that video or many of these shootings and how you interpret them is the mental soundness of the individual. I believe every responding officer does and should provide very clearly communicated direction on how a person is expected to act upon their arrival to avoid violence and possibly even death. If the person is informed and decides to behave otherwise, the officers focus should and often does shift to protecting the law abiding citizens in the area and themselves. At no point does the safety and well being of the person refusing clear directions trump the safety and well being of the law abiding citizens around them at that point.

In the video in question, the officer at the focus of the video was not the first officer on the scene. It can be very reasonably supposed the first responding officers provided very clear directions on how the suspect should respond to avoid being shot at and most likely killed. The fact that the suspect was still shooting at officers when the subject officer arrived on scene tells me the suspect made his decision as to the outcome he found agreeable and the subject officer obliged. I dont cheer for anyone having to take a life, even though some have confused my cheers for a victim finding themselves alive and well after a violent assault as such. It is just a difference in perception of a chain of events and not worth arguing about or me making any blanket assumptions about anyone.

I wont even attempt to dive into the suggestion that officers involved in a "good shoot" should be given full mandatory retirement on the spot. That is an INCREDIBLY nuanced discussion covering so many hypothetical scenarios where I would strongly disagree that it isn't really worth discussing in this format. The most basic summation of my disagreement is that I typically will disagree with any and all blanket responses. There are a few situations where I think a blind and blanket response is valid, but this isnt one of them in my opinion.
Nice write up.

I feel I made it clear on the "justified" aspect of the incident, in my mind this is no different that what Kyle Rittenhouse had to do.

I am only asking if as a society we shouldn't at least attempt to find another way?

Lots of the people in here have their general location on their profile. Places like Elgin or Vinita lol....I mean how in touch would someone from those kinds of places be able to interpret life in a major city?

I have watched a cop put 4 of 12 rounds into a guy that clearly deserved it in a hotel lobby. 2 years ago in Ohio. I can't help but think....maybe there could have been another way than making him leak all over the floor in the elevator.

These criminals and criminal element is getting far more desperate and deliberate with their actions. It's getting real now days. Had some kid at my son's school threaten to shoot the place up! Yet slap on the wrist and sent home to practice that behavior some more?

I travel all over for my career. I see real places with real problems...and it is happening more and more frequently is all.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
No I assumed he was asking my age. I didn't serve in the army or marines.

There is 3 other branches.
Actually, only two others that wield death and destruction. CCT or TACP? Or WARCOM or SWCC? There's not much after that where you could do "horrors" that would justify VA care for PTSD in which you now are equating killing to murder.

👇 👇 👇 👇
No I am not that person who is incapable of it. This is why I have the stance I do. Took a good woman, and lots of holding me while I reloved each ****ing horror I had done.

You brought up all this aversion to killing and calling it murder because of all of it you have done to humanity in some kind of service and how the VA only gave you pills to cope.
Oh yeah...that is right it is absolutely none of your concern!

I don't believe you at all. I think you're making it up to make you look empathetic and have justification for your idiot-speak. If you were prior service, you were probably a fcking Fobbit who sh*t his pants anytime a mortar came swinging in...run to the culvert and sh*t your pants until all-clear was announced.
You're just making sh*t up just like the Chicago story is probably made up. There's nothing I can find, and I'm still looking, on a Chicago police station being shot up in a drive by in the last ever. But you were present for it?...Mkay

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, only two that wield death and destruction. CCT or TACP? Or WARCOM or SWCC? There's not much after that where you could do "horrors" that would justify VA care for PTSD in which you now are equating killing to murder.

👇 👇 👇 👇

You brought up all this aversion to killing and calling it murder because of all of it you have done to humanity in some kind of service and how the VA only gave you pills to cope.

I don't believe you at all. I think you're making it up to make you look empathetic and have justification for your idiot-speak. If you were prior service, you were probably a fcking Fobbit who sh*t his pants anytime a mortar came swinging in...run to the culvert and sh*t your pants until all-clear was announced.
You're just making sh*t up just like the Chicago story is probably made up. There's nothing I can find, and I'm still looking, on a Chicago police station being shot up in a drive by in the last ever. But you were present for it?...Mkay
Maybe he thinks he was in the Space Force? :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom