Officers warn gun owners after firearm thefts in cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lock box that is steel cable locked to my trucks seat frame. I keep a couple of backups in there at all times. Whenever going to my out of town property I really need a good snake gun so I pull the Judge out of the lock box and trade it out for my 1911. That way I always have it. The other is a small pocket pistol.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can apply for one after you get a nut or two cut off!!

Serious answer: Anyone can legally change their name. Probably some woke BS where a couple want to be more inclusive with each other.

I had wondered what folks here that carry do when an establishment says no guns allowed. Just carry anyways? OR, go back to your vehicle and leave your weapon? One of the reasons I don't carry more is having to decide if I want to enter a place or risk leaving my pistol should this arise.
If they don’t have metal detectors or wands, carry anyway. F them

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It blows my mind how many people leave guns in vehicles...unlocked!

A while back I took a report from a fella who left his custom 300 blackout bolt rifle (w/ Nightforce scope) and 500 rounds of fancy ammo in his unlocked truck...after his neighbor lost a SKS out of his truck the night before. He'd been out late hunting pigs, and decided to bring his gear inside in the morning, against his wife's protests.

A week or so after that, I caught an auto burglar in the act with a bunch of stolen property from earlier in the evening...including a mid-70's production custom engraved 4" nickel Colt Python. The elderly widow of a retired Texas trooper had left his retirement present under the seat of her minivan, wrapped in a towel.
Blows my mind how many people don't park in the garage. Many of the new houses here have 3 and 4 car garages that are full of junk.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blows my mind how many people don't park in the garage. Many of the new houses here have 3 and 4 car garages that are full of junk.
I always park our vehicles locked in our locked garage. I also try to make sure nothing of value is left in them. (If it is it is out of sight and not easily found)

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a fellow that had a car and multiple handguns stolen out of his garage. His gated neighborhood was targeted by a ring of car thieves. His mistake was accidentally leaving the garage door open that particular night.

Lots of older homes out there with garages that might fit a Chevy Love, but not full size truck or vehicle. Or the folks that live in apartment complexes that don’t have garages. It’s just better to get into the habit of removing valuables from inside your vehicle.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Only in America.

Only in America can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. Only in America are there handicapped parking places in front of a skating rink. Only in America do Supermarkets make the sick people walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front. Only in America do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a DIET coke. Only in America do banks leave both doors open but chain the pens to the counters. Only in America do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our junk in the garage. Only in America do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place. Only in America do we buy hot dogs in packs of twelve and buns in packs of eight. Only in America do we use the word "politics" to describe the process of Government: "Poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "blood sucking creatures."

Latest posts

Top Bottom