Officers warn gun owners after firearm thefts in cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's in a locked car it is in a secure storage compartment. If someone breaks into the car and steals it, that's on the criminal.

If they don't want guns left in cars, make it where you can legally carry everywhere with no exception.

If you went to the bank and they had a glass vault and no security, would you leave your money there?

Vehicles by themselves are not secure storage. Period. Adding a lockable storage device that’s concealed and secured to the inside a vehicle would add a layer of security for safely storing a firearm inside a vehicle.

Believing that you have no responsibility for safely storing firearms is a fallacy.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about that too . . . I knew a guy who hyphenated his last name after getting married to his wife.

Was a brand new concept to me 20+ years ago when it happened.
A "male" with a hyphenated surname has 2 possibilities.

1. Married and added husband's name.
2. Has 2 Mommies, with hyphenated surname, birth certificate filed with hyphenated surname.

Regardless of how or why, hyphenated name most likely denotes "woke" and 100% anti, regardless of what is being said.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://ktul.com/news/local/officers-warn-gun-owners-after-firearm-thefts-in-cars
[begin quote]
Oklahoma City, Okla. (KOKH) — Oklahoma law enforcement wants folks to be more careful about leaving guns in cars.

The Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office said there is an uptick in legal guns being stolen from cars from crimes.

“You are kind of playing a game of Russian Roulette,” Oklahoma City Sheriff’s Office PIO Aaron Brilbeck said. “You are leaving your gun in your car hoping someone doesn’t break into it.”

Many of the stolen weapons were left in plain sight or in unlocked cars.

“It is horribly irresponsible and it could cost people lives,” said Brilbeck.

Joshua Harris-Till is part of a safe gun activist group called Moms Demand Action. They hope more responsible gun owners will safely secure their weapons too.

“We are not trying to take away anybody’s guns,” Harris-Till said. “We want people to understand the necessity of storing them properly and keep them out of the hands of bad actors.”

People who need a place to store guns can reach out to law enforcement for a safe box.

“It shouldn’t just be on the person who got the guns but it is on you,” Harris-Till said. “If you can’t do that, we believe you are not the one who should have guns in this state.”

If your gun was stolen, report the serial number as soon as possible.
Well Sheriff I only left it on the das
If it's in a locked car it is in a secure storage compartment. If someone breaks into the car and steals it, that's on the criminal.

If they don't want guns left in cars, make it where you can legally carry everywhere with no exception.
Honest Sheriff I only left my gun on the dashboard. why would anybody want to steal it??

Latest posts

Top Bottom