Official 2017 AR build session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey folks,

It's time again to have a AR building class.
tRidiot and myself and any other who volunteer to help, are looking at having a class on building your AR from pieces, installing new pieces etc.

I'll host at my shop again.

JANUARY 22, 2017

If you are interested in attending, please let us know.

Thanks

Deano

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
January 22nd, 2017

This will be just like last year. It's gonna be at Deano's shop across from Sports World off 41st between Sheridan and Memorial. I'll have to get the address again and will post a map and/or a link to Google Maps.

Bring your lowers, bring your uppers, bring your tools, bring your parts.

I'm gonna say we'll go from 1PM to 5PM, maybe later depending on how things go.

I'll bring enough of my own stuff to build at least one full rifle, so we'll at least have that to demonstrate. Maybe more. I have a ton of lowers and LPKs I need to build so I could let some folks work on some of those, I will need to probably buy some more upper parts.

I've got tons of lower and upper spare/small parts, most still left over from when we did the last one and Fat Boy Tactical hooked us up like mudcats on a trot line. :clap3:

Stay tuned for more details, but feel free to chime in with what you've got, what you're bringing, etc. I think the only I think I DON'T have that we needed last year was the 1/2" torque wrench. Mine is a 3/8". Several guys brought theirs, though, so that was good. I killed someone's proprietary UTG barrel nut and gave them mine, but I've got a few extras now. They're $5 each from Leaper's, for those who are wondering. lol

So.... questions, suggestions? What did you like or not like about the format last year? I want to try to do this more frequently if we can. Would we be better off with 2-3 stations set up where we cycle people through with a "mentor" at each, or do full builds simultaneously at multiple stations like last time, or what? Give me some feedback here, guys.

I think we had as many as 17 there at one point last time, which was stellar! Let's see if we can do this again just as big!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha! Absolutely, Dennis!

I think I remember Jeff promising to come demonstrate some of his techniques as well...

Hey... maybe you could merge these two threads? We were writing at the same time. lol

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'll put it on the calendar, but Sundays are a little awkward getting to Tulsa, doing something and getting home again between worship services is a little tight. I think I can make it though.

I have a couple uppers I'm wanting to tear down and swap some parts (mostly the receiver) between. I have a stripped lower; no parts yet but I probably will have the remainder of the lower parts by then.

If nothing else I can help others work on their guns.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will have an opportunity to add/swap parts for anyone's guns, probably.

The only major thing I am not too comfortable with is A2 front sight posts. I don't have one of the A2 blocks, but we can probably get it done, anyways.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We will have an opportunity to add/swap parts for anyone's guns, probably.

The only major thing I am not too comfortable with is A2 front sight posts. I don't have one of the A2 blocks, but we can probably get it done, anyways.

I've removed a couple of them without the FSB block, but they are a lot easier with one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom