Official Music Video Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the only cover my band will play by Pantera.Actually we dont play any covers but in tribute to Dime thats the only song out of his entire catalogue that I will even play and ironically its the only song that I cant get thru without still crying a little.Ive been asked by the band to play "Side of a Bullet" before but I cant stand Nickelback,so I will never play that one.

(and speaking of Dime.I know its against the law for us to be carrying in bars or wherever liquer is served but after what happened to Dime I always have a pistol in my guitar case at shows now.I'll take the chance just to have something with me).

tumbler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(and speaking of Dime.I know its against the law for us to be carrying in bars or wherever liquer is served but after what happened to Dime I always have a pistol in my guitar case at shows now.I'll take the chance just to have something with me).

So what happens when the band takes a break and some drunk ******* decides he wants to play rockstar and he hops on stage and finds it?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what happens when the band takes a break and some drunk ******* decides he wants to play rockstar and he hops on stage and finds it?

For one thing,We dont play covers or play as the only band of the night type gigs.We're part of that new metal movement of all multiple band bills where you only play for so long then youre done.Not a chance someone is going to come on stage in between sets because when we're done we loadout and move our gear backstage and then back to the trailor.
Plus,I move it from the case to an opening in the back of my rack when I'm setting up my rig,then back to the guitar case at loadout.My band members are the only ones who know I even carry it in.Roadies have no idea.

I know I'm stupid and I know I'm not supposed to even have it in there and I know that I'm running a huge risk of someone seeing it and possibly turning me in and me getting arrested and losing my permit,or worse-whatever state we happen to be in.I just think that some freak unloading on someone and me possibly being able to protect myself outweighs the consequences if I was to get caught.Stupid I know and no way to justify it.

I've done dumber.Once I forgot and had my pistol still in my under-the-pants type holster and was playing and some how the strap on the holster had come unstrapped and somehow the pistol fell out of the bottom of my shorts onto the stage while I was playing.It was as usual locked/loaded and thank whateverisupinthesky it didnt accidentally go off.I just happened to look down and saw it and nonchelantly scooted it over behind my speaker cabinet and retrieved it after the show.it freaked me out severly.Either no one saw it or cared.That scared me more than anything.Thats when I started only carrying it into the venue in the guitar case and then later moving it behind my rack when setting up my rig.But really,I only carry into smaller venues that seem less secure.I leave it in the trailor otherwise.My band is based in Des Moines,Iowa and alot of times we play these dingy little metal dives and biker bars in Iowa,Missouri,Kentucky,Illinois,Minnesota,etcetc,and most are notorious knife and gun clubs-meaning everyone in the place is carrying something.When Ive played local places like the Cains I didnt dare carry in,no way,security there is tight enough.It got left in the trailor in the back parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom