Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Antibodies may be a cure as well. Here is a segment on Tucker last night. I copied the conversation.

CARLSON: Now, the physician you just saw says he may have found some kind of cure for coronavirus. Dr. Glanville joins us now. Doctor, thanks so much for coming on. So, obviously, I should just say at the outset, we approach everything like this with skepticism and also with the mind of a non- scientist. So, explain for our audience, me what this is and why you think it works.

GLANVILLE: Sure. Thanks for having me on, Tucker. So what we have done is we've engineered neutralizing antibodies that go and block the virus, the coronavirus, if you were to zoom in on it, you would see a ring of spikes, and it uses those spikes to invade human cells.

We've identified a series of super potent antibodies that block those spikes and therefore make the virus no longer infectious.

CARLSON: So how -- I mean, is this something that is done to defeat other viruses?

GLANVILLE: Yes, so this is the thing that turned the tide against Ebola. Ebola used to be a death sentence, about 50 percent mortality rate and then once a good antibody neutralizing solution was made, then I think 94 percent of people can walk away.

So that transformed Ebola from a dangerous crisis to a manageable treatment. We've also got antibodies to treat rabies. We've got antibodies to treat RSV in babies.

Antibodies are used for anti-venom. So this is an extremely well established platform technology and it has the advantage that you can produce antibodies much faster and you can make a vaccine.

And as I'd heard you mentioned previously on all that modeling, every day counts, we're venting an incredible amount of money out of our economy and risking lives, and so you want to have a medicine as quickly as possible.

CARLSON: That's right. Well, that is exactly right. So assuming this does work, how long would it take to get from your lab to the public?

GLANVILLE: Well, yes, so to address the question of skepticism, I'm glad you brought that up. Our next move is we hand this off to the U.S. military, a consortium from the Gates Foundation and some private groups, and all of them are going to test the potency of neutralization of our therapeutic.

We're also working with Charles River Laboratories that runs safety in talks to make sure this stuff is safe to put into people. And we're going to go into a scaled-up manufacture.

So at that point, what you do is you do a Phase 1/2 human trial, and that's where I'm going to do that towards the end of the summer, around August. We're giving that to about 600 patients, an antibody you can give to a patient and it works within five to 10 days to protect them, whereas a vaccine, you know, you need six or seven weeks before the person is protected. So that's another advantage.

And as soon as we know that, A, it's safe, so people can take it without it hurting them, and B, that it's effective that they receive an antibody and they're no longer dying or getting much more sick, then at that point, you can release the drug through something called compassionate use.

This is something that was done also in the Ebola crisis where if you don't have something F.D.A. approved yet, but you've got proof of efficacy and there's nothing else good, you could start releasing that to masses.

CARLSON: Last super quick question because our segments on TV are not long enough really to explain something this complex and I know some of our viewers are going to want to follow up by searching online. If you wanted to type into Google a term that would get you to an explanation, a deeper explanation of what this is what would you type in?

GLANVILLE: I would type in centivax.com which is our website and has a whole bunch of information around monoclonal therapeutics.
Uh oh. Hope everyone beezes passed that part about funding from the Gates Foundation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh oh. Hope everyone beezes passed that part about funding from the Gates Foundation.
Gotta have money for research. The Gates foundation has invested in several questionable organizations like the WHO, but hopefully this one will help.
The results they got using antibodies against ebola prove there may be some basis behind the study.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Influencers" are those that have discovered a way to make money and travel. The reason for the title is that their videos tend to be in "resort places" and they can be "hired" by a resort to show that resort in a good light in their videos. The influencer can also have their videos (specifically speaking of YouTube videos) by having them "monetized."

Thus, said influencers travel a lot, posting videos and pictures to Instagram for all to see with pictures of the resort in the background to "influence" others to book travel to those resorts.

Influencers also tend to possibly have outsized egos, and some even have hawt bodies.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ivermectin is only one of the ingredients in Heartgard. Don't run out and try it like somebody thought they'd try with their aquarium cleaner. I don't really believe anybody here is stupid enough to do that, but sometimes people will amaze you.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ivermectin is only one of the ingredients in Heartgard. Don't run out and try it like somebody thought they'd try with their aquarium cleaner. I don't really believe anybody here is stupid enough to do that, but sometimes people will amaze you.

They can prescribe both Ivermectin and Pyrantel for humans :) :) Feeling wormy?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The French gave dog wormer to 37 people and six days later, they all got better.
A New York doctor gave a medicine approved for autoimmune diseases to 80 people and all but two got better.
Those two died, of course, but they had other problems. People who have Lupus can't get the drug right now, but we're ramping up production so it can save everyone! It can save the people who don't need it the same way it used to save people who did need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom