Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am glad he addressed the "total number of tests" since so many people think that number is "no good" with increased testing. He said this isn't true since actual number of tests have come down. I still think the most important number is hospitalizations, which has increased.

On Wednesday, 43 people were hospitalized with COVID-19 in the Oklahoma City metro area. Less than a week later, that number had increased to 79.

“New cases in the OKC metro have spiked in the last two weeks and now are averaging around 80 new cases per day. At our first peak in the beginning of April, we were only averaging around 50,” said Holt. “This spike has happened in an environment where total tests administered have declined due to diminishing demand and where the percentage of people testing positive has increased.”

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_4742.PNG

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think America will shut down like we did in March and April again, ever imo. Restrict international travel and flights, yes, restrict travel from state to state, yes, but a nationwide lock down like before, never. They may try at some point, but I don't think the people will fall for it the next time.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think America will shut down like we did in March and April again, ever imo. Restrict international travel and flights, yes, restrict travel from state to state, yes, but a nationwide lock down like before, never. They may try at some point, but I don't think the people will fall for it the next time.

Maybe we can finally secure our borders and international terminals like never before . . . all in the name of public health.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree. There will be some that close a store here and there but the majority wont follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom