Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what I have been able to piece together - the virus was being studied in a Chinese lab, patient 0 worked at the lab and got infected. Patient 0 shopped at the wet markets and transmitted the disease to the public. The US had expressed concern about the lab’s protocol for handling infectious diseases.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are kind of getting semantic. "Man-made" vs. modified in a lab. Sound like we might be agreeing on this and the idea that it could have come out of the Wuhan lab. A peculiar section of the genetic sequence of the virus argues strongly that lab researchers enhanced the ability of this bat virus to replicate.
Why is there any reason to believe the virus was modified in a lab? No one has suggested that AFAIK. It was being studied, we know that.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you can wade through this video, the evidence suggesting it was modified in a lab is presented. It is long and loaded with terminology so it might be best to start at about 33:00

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are kind of getting semantic. "Man-made" vs. modified in a lab. Sound like we might be agreeing on this and the idea that it could have come out of the Wuhan lab. A peculiar section of the genetic sequence of the virus argues strongly that lab researchers enhanced the ability of this bat virus to replicate.

No. I said man-made. Released from a lab somehow or some way is completely different..... and like I said..... that theory has been debunked by several people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So to counter the fear factory going on here....

My wife sat down with the head of infectious diseases @ St Johns over the weekend. He said that what they are seeing is a significant difference in symptom onset. Namely, a higher number of gastrointestinal issues, and less severe respiratory complications. They had previously not seen anywhere near the number of gastrointestinal issues previously. He also feels that the virus is more contagious, but didn't qualify that. In which he said it's too soon to say whether they cocktail of treatments (plasma transfer and Remdesivir) are the reason for the lower incidents of respiratory failures, or if they are catching this sooner, or if the virus has mutated. However, that's what they have seen here locally. Take it for what it's worth. But it is interesting that you're seeing a mortality rate remain very low.

Of course, there is this....

https://www.jpost.com/health-scienc...is-much-more-transmittable-study-shows-631373

There was also some doctors in Italy that are saying something similar, and The WHO jumped their sheyt. I sure as hell don't trust the WHO.

There was also some Italian doctors that said the virus had mutated and didn’t appear to be as deadly. Fewer cases were getting the pneumonia associated with it that required ventilation.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Speaking of 'genetic sequence', I wonder if any part or all of the DNA sequence for the Covid matches anything in our own DNA. Just wondering. For all I know, it might not even be A-T-C and G components. But if it is, It would be an interesting thing to study.

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom