Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have some folks here that truly know what they are talking about. What is the duration of this crisis? When do we get back to what we had in November-December?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since you've yet to receive a real answer, the last estimate i saw was closer to 8 weeks.

I think there are a lot of variables, though. Things like how seriously people take social distancing will contribute to it. And how moving into summer affects the spread (there is some speculation that it could jump to the southern hemisphere and follow the cold months and possible return some later this year here).

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6 to 9 months as it relates to everyday life, etc..........and virus subsiding...... could be shorter, but I'm concerned it's going to take awhile to adjust to new lifestyle..... Vaccine--- sometime in 2021-- but it'll take some time to reach everyone.

1 to 2 years as far as economic recovery..........

That's my prediction......... We'll come back and check this post in late 2021.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The major issue I see is that this virus isn't going away in two weeks let alone two months.

There are people out there who can't cook as well and rely on places to go eat. These are probably the same people who have no food at home beyond a couple meager things to snack on. If we shut down restaurants it's not going to do much good anyway. But it will make things harder for the people who work there and the people who rely on them to eat.

If the stores are still open they are a transmission point. The only way to stop this here and now is a total quarantine in homes and even then you have to distribute food so how do we pick and choose who is allowed and who isn't? And even then there is no way to truly make it stick unless Marshal law is declared and then there is a big group who are going to do their best to begin world war 3 by taking possessions that are constitutionally protected. Those people will be unable to do much of anything about it until after it's already destroyed and will probably be infected just to remove the issue.

Maybe I'm wrong but the states that regulate the most are going to be the front lines for all of this. It's time to watch, wait, and prepare.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp. It's maybe time to pounce...
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 10.23.23 AM.png

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 to 9 months as it relates to everyday life, etc..........and virus subsiding...... could be shorter, but I'm concerned it's going to take awhile to adjust to new lifestyle..... Vaccine--- sometime in 2021-- but it'll take some time to reach everyone.

1 to 2 years as far as economic recovery..........

That's my prediction......... We'll come back and check this post in late 2021.

I think that's about right. Sometime middle of November when it was first detected in Wuhan. That's about 4 months ago. Move those dates forward to when the first case was identified here. I think you get a pretty good idea of when the initial crisis will end here by looking at China.

China, has "begun" to return to normal. Begun. Not there yet. They are 4 months in. With a long way to go to be normalized.

This is going to be a long, bumpy, painful road. It's going to test the mettle of every American. It's going to test the strength and resiliency of our economy, and the strength and fortitude of our elected and religious and social leaders.

I believe it's going to be painful. I think we'll be stronger on the other side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom