Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They could randomly select 500 spots on my a$$ before they attempted to test my son or daughter.......

This will be controversial for a lot of people and I’m not sure it really has any merit. But, statistics is not my thing - randomly testing that small of a sample size doesn’t make sense to me. Especially since one could test negative one week but get exposed and sick the next week - what’s the chance that same student would be randomly selected again within the 2 weeks?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They could randomly select 500 spots on my a$$ to kiss before they attempted to test my son or daughter.......

I can see being opposed to a forced vaccine, but why the testing? Do you think they have ulterior motives with the tests?

Were your kids subject to random drug tests in high school?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can see being opposed to a forced vaccine, but why the testing? Do you think they have ulterior motives with the tests?

What if your kid gets a false positive? All of their friends will be traced as well. They can't test anything without consent......

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score

And yes their were random drug tests, parents made aware by the district upon enrollment. And if my kid tests positive, it effects no other students.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if your kid gets a false positive? All of their friends will be traced as well. They can't test anything without consent......

My kid would be taking a second test to verify their status.

I'd think protocols would be followed to validate while being quarantined like any other traceable illness.

Didn't OSU have a sorority or fraternity with over 20 positives? Were any of them false positives?

Schools are quarantining now even on suspected exposures to positives . . .

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
My kid would be taking a second test to verify their status.

I'd think protocols would be followed to validate while being quarantined like any other traceable illness.

Didn't OSU have a sorority or fraternity with over 20 positives? Were any of them false positives?

Schools are quarantining now even on suspected exposures to positives . . .

Missing the point..... "just be compliant everything will be ok." Next month it's 1000, then eventually everyone.

Unless they're part of a team sport . . .

Indirectly yes.....but your kid will still play if mine tests positive. They won't be required to set out until mine is eligible again.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Missing the point..... "just be compliant everything will be ok." Next month it's 1000, then eventually everyone.

Are they randomly testing out of the entire student body or out of those via contact tracing? I haven't read their plan.

Many employers are requiring testing . . . not sure how this is any different (other than the potential age of students involved).

I was thinking that when my oldest moved into the dorms up there 3-4 years ago there was a vaccination requirement. I could be wrong.

Indirectly yes.....but your kid will still play if mine tests positive. They won't be required to set out until mine is eligible again.

I just meant I didn't see a high school drug test any different than this for a college student.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Are they randomly testing out of the entire student body or out of those via contact tracing? I haven't read their plan.

Many employers are requiring testing . . . not sure how this is any different (other than the potential age of students involved).

I was thinking that when my oldest moved into the dorms up there 3-4 years ago there was a vaccination requirement. I could be wrong.

I just meant I didn't see a high school drug test any different than this for a college student.

Article says 500 random students wi get an email saying they have been "chosen".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom