Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Putting aside snarky comments, what are the answers? When was the last time hospitals around the country, and around the world, were overwhelmed to the point that we see today? When was the last time trucks were parked in hospital lots as acting morgues? And what is the purpose of the worldwide hype? Who do you believe is behind it?

Simple, China.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worldwide hype is a hoax. I get it! China has fooled everyone, including all the media, again worldwide. If China can only get the fools of the world to wear a mask, then they can control the world!

So what is being hyped? Effectiveness of masks? That’s nothing more than the age old question of 9mm vs 45.

Why are hospitals full? Are they just buying into the hype?

Since it is in vogue to question a members intelligence, it seems that the popular way to live these days is to believe that everything is fraud, hype, hoax, whatever definition you would like to copy into your post.

If you need to be admitted to a hospital, just tell them that the overcrowding is just hype. They’ll let you in.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting aside snarky comments, what are the answers? When was the last time hospitals around the country, and around the world, were overwhelmed to the point that we see today? When was the last time trucks were parked in hospital lots as acting morgues? And what is the purpose of the worldwide hype? Who do you believe is behind it?

Speaking for the hospitals in Tulsa, they are only overwhelmed to the point that their administration has let them be. Basically, they ran and have run a bare bones crew and have refused to pay incentive pay to keep/acquire traveling or contract nurses to help with the surges. This has changed somewhat over the last few weeks. In places like NY and NJ, there of course is a significant surge, but I'll say some of my wife's coworkers just finished some contracts up there. The pay was insanely good, because the conditions and administration were horrible to say the least.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Worldwide hype is a hoax. I get it! China has fooled everyone, including all the media, again worldwide. If China can only get the fools of the world to wear a mask, then they can control the world! See post 2840

So what is being hyped? See post 2840 Effectiveness of masks? See post 2840 That’s nothing more than the age old question of 9mm vs 45.

Why are hospitals full? All of them are not. Are they just buying into the hype? See post 2840

Since it is in vogue to question a members intelligence, it seems that the popular way to live these days is to believe that everything is fraud, hype, hoax, whatever definition you would like to copy into your post. Nobody here is implying that everything thing is a fraud, hype, hoax.

If you need to be admitted to a hospital, just tell them that the overcrowding is just hype. They’ll let you in. Let's see, last Thursday we took a 17yo and a 16yo with head and trunk injuries from a MVA and they were admitted........ 2 COVID patients with difficulty breathing on Saturday and yesterday, both admitted.......so yes, there's still room in the inn. And we're not the only agency. Are there full hospitals across the country that are full due to lack of space or because of lack of staff, absolutely, nobody is disputing that, yet you keep bringing it up.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worldwide hype is a hoax. I get it! China has fooled everyone, including all the media, again worldwide. If China can only get the fools of the world to wear a mask, then they can control the world!

So what is being hyped? Effectiveness of masks? That’s nothing more than the age old question of 9mm vs 45.

Since it is in vogue to question a members intelligence, it seems that the popular way to live these days is to believe that everything is fraud, hype, hoax, whatever definition you would like to copy into your post.

If you need to be admitted to a hospital, just tell them that the overcrowding is just hype. They’ll let you in.

Snarky comments aside eh?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The MSM is complicit with the hype. Hospitals are capitalizing on the fear. The Covid is real, but it is just a different strain of the flu. The steep decline in "flu" cases is offset by the number of "covid" cases, and the hype has elevated the "number" of covid cases(AKA the flu). The fear mongering has incentivized everyone with a sniffle to run to a hospital or clinic.

There doesn't need to be some huge cabal of conspirators fueling this. All that is necessary is fear-mongering and hype and you'll garner enough of the fearful to reach this level of panic. YMMV, but a close look at the hypocrisy coming from "those in the know" and "elites" and you might come to a similar conclusion.

Woody

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because there is a nursing shortage. There are rooms but no one to take care of the patients if you put someone in every room. One nurse can't take care of 30 patients. The nursing shortage has been around for years, remember when they were bringing in foreign nurses to work in the USA. And remember when the closing of rural hospitals was in the news the last few years. Nurse shortage plus closing many rural hospitals equal a crisis when a severe outbreak of any illness occurs.

Even before the coronavirus outbreak, several states were experiencing nursing shortages, and without a dramatic increase in staffing, hospital administrators and advocates fear the health care system will not be able to handle the demand.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...llenge-unprecedented-shortage-nurses-n1167786

RSV virus "filled up" St, Francis in the winter of 2019, it was in the news.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So just some feedback from the last 72 hours. If you are someone who is/have a family member that is in the high risk category, do NOT be complacent. It's been my experience that some PCPs are almost lazy in being proactive. With me, I get it, with my mother who is 70 and has CHF, I had to be the squeaky wheel to request orders for a Monoclonal antibody infusion for her. Her PCP didn't do so much as to more than an email for a few days, until I called her office and wanted it documented that we were requesting the the Monoclonal treatment since she more than qualifies for it. Got orders an hour later.

Point is, if you're out of the danger zone, act accordingly. If you are in the high risk group, don't fawk around and don't take no for an answer. I had to call EMSA last night to get my mother admitted so she would get the proper treatment. Her oxygen was in the low 80s.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So just some feedback from the last 72 hours. If you are someone who is/have a family member that is in the high risk category, do NOT be complacent. It's been my experience that some PCPs are almost lazy in being proactive. With me, I get it, with my mother who is 70 and has CHF, I had to be the squeaky wheel to request orders for a Monoclonal antibody infusion for her. Her PCP didn't do so much as to more than an email for a few days, until I called her office and wanted it documented that we were requesting the the Monoclonal treatment since she more than qualifies for it. Got orders an hour later.

Point is, if you're out of the danger zone, act accordingly. If you are in the high risk group, don't fawk around and don't take no for an answer. I had to call EMSA last night to get my mother admitted so she would get the proper treatment. Her oxygen was in the low 80s.

Thanks for this information. My Sister in Law was in bad shape and in the ICU - her oxygen level was way down and needed bi-pap / 100% oxygen. It wasn’t until she started receiving the infusions that she began to recover. She’s been in the hospital now for 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom