Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the state has a report on the % of covid patients that you can reference. Not sure of the Methodology for the report, is it an average of all hospitals or what. I can only speak to the 2 hospitals I work at. I know the covid #’s but unsure if the maternity beds are counted in the total reported to the state, which can change the covid % drastically. But generally speaking, the hospital bed #’s are overwhelmed by the covid pandemic. ICU’s are still overflowing into other parts of the hospital. If that means 32% or 40%, I can’t say.
Unsure what liberal/conservative has to do with your job. I’m a conservative, and only report on what I see at work.
I had a virtual Dr. visit yesterday and my Dr. just recently recovered from Covid in Integris Baptist. I asked him how the atmosphere was in the hospital. He said Baptist was like 35% covid patients and Integris Portland - which is an overflow for Baptist - was 100% covid because its only covid. He said he was in Portland for 9 days and heard code blues several times a day.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just FYI, if a loved one suddenly starts acting a little crazy, have them checked for Covid. In some people it can attack the brain etc and it can be deadly.

RIP Jack. 11th ACR

The OSDH case worker that called me when I had it asked if I experienced confusion. I said no, but later realized that I had difficulty remembering if and when I took meds. After recovering I still was frequently mentally slow. Well, slower than normal.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a virtual Dr. visit yesterday and my Dr. just recently recovered from Covid in Integris Baptist. I asked him how the atmosphere was in the hospital. He said Baptist was like 35% covid patients and Integris Portland - which is an overflow for Baptist - was 100% covid because its only covid. He said he was in Portland for 9 days and heard code blues several times a day.

A few weeks ago I talked to nurse in the ER room at Integris on I-35, Edmond. I asked about the number of COVID-19 patients they see. He said the week before they had 1/2 of the ER filled with COVID-19 patients because they had no place else to put them, the hospital was full.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OSDH case worker that called me when I had it asked if I experienced confusion. I said no, but later realized that I had difficulty remembering if and when I took meds. After recovering I still was frequently mentally slow. Well, slower than normal.
A friend of mine who had it mentioned this symptom, and said another person I know who had it experienced the same thing (both had tested positive). Said it was difficult to follow a train of thought out to its conclusion without getting side tracked...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine who had it mentioned this symptom, and said another person I know who had it experienced the same thing (both had tested positive). Said it was difficult to follow a train of thought out to its conclusion without getting side tracked...
I've had that problem every since I turned 50 lol

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't rapid tests about 50% accuracy? Why don't they just flip a coin and if it lands on heads quarantine for 10 days, if it lands on tails continue on as normal for 2 weeks?

I’ve read / heard the rapid tests are less reliable but don’t know the specifics. I was intrigued by several other subjects in this WSJ article related to asymptomatic spread, masks, and surface contamination.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are 2 kinds of rapid tests: antigen & pcr. The traditional pcr test is the 3rd type test & takes like 24 hrs. Antigen rapid test is less accurate than the 2 pcr tests. Ask for the pcr rapid test, if getting tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom