Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With more to come, and the markets are still dropping. On the bright side, reports are this might take care of N Korea for us.
You should stop listening to reports. This is an attempt by China to manipulate our economy and the sheep are falling for it so it's working just like they want. Wag The Dog comes to mind.
Stop being a sheep Rick

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or if not China, (they really arent that smart) the DNC and fake news media (bought n paid for) to manipulate the economy which will make a reelection more difficult

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won’t hurt most people. We’ll be able to go about our lives same as allays, working and shopping and visiting grandma in the nursing home. We can wheel her around in the cafeteria saying hello to all the nice people and no one will be the wiser.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No vaccine asymptotic carriers...good time to reduce your position in the Elder Care “Industry”

That’s sarcasm, by the way, and it’s bitter

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Notice how the media is pushing this panic big time...hmmm. I wonder why?
Coronavirus is an “info-demic,” a panic caused by the spread of partial and often misleading information about a health risk, sometimes deliberately.

The virus is real, and a small number of people have been infected. But it is going to pass.

It is an unpleasant respiratory illness, but it is not an organ-destroying horror like Ebola. Precautions are being taken, a vaccine will emerge, and life will continue as usual.

Here are five specific reasons to chill out.

1. Coronavirus is a familiar illness, and not as bad as others. It is from the SARS family — and less deadly. As Ha’aretz noted, “the mortality rate from the current disease ranges from 0.5 to 2 percent, and is significantly lower than the mortality rate from the 2002 SARS outbreak (9.5 percent) and much lower than the 2012 SARS outbreak (34.4 percent). It may even be close to the mortality rate from an ordinary flu outbreak in the United States.”

2. The U.S. response has been exceptionally good. There have only been 16 cases thus far, none deadly. President Donald Trump bought precious time by stopping travel to China last month — a step critics said was overly drastic. Democrats are screaming about funding and staff cuts that never actually happened. The latest outrage: the White House is controlling the message. As they should! The people in lab coats are not always good communicators.

3. We are going to have a vaccine soon. There are private companies in the U.S. and around the world racing to develop a vaccine — not just because of the urgent public health need, but because whoever finds it first stands to make a lot of money. (This is where the profit motive, and the pharmaceutical industry, are so crucial — contrary to what Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, and other Democrats running for president have been saying about them.)

4. China is going to be all right. The number of cases in China sounds large — until you consider the size of China. True, the Chinese government has been duplicitous about coronavirus, as it is about everything. (Amartya Sen famously observed that India, unlike China, has never suffered famine because India has a free press.) And U.S. firms are learning a long-overdue lesson about the risks of investing there. But China will eventually pull through.

5. The same people who want you to panic about coronavirus want you to panic about everything. The news business thrives on chaos. In addition, the media want to destroy Trump, which is why they spread the Russia collusion hoax. Coronavirus is not a hoax, but pundits should be asked if they cared enough about flu — which kills far more people — to get their shot this year. If not, ignore them. Remember to wash your hands, and stay cool.
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/02/28/pollak-5-reasons-to-stop-freaking-out-about-coronavirus/

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should stop listening to reports. This is an attempt by China to manipulate our economy and the sheep are falling for it so it's working just like they want. Wag The Dog comes to mind.
Stop being a sheep Rick

If passing on interesting news makes me a sheep, so be it. Better than being an ostrich.

Seriously children have I posted anything saying the virus was going to kill people in the US? No I have not. I have passed on interesting news I have seen that does effect people, like the Dow dropping 3500 this week which does effect many of our retirement accounts. Or a couple possible cases in OK for those of us with compromised breathing which the virus, the flu, or several other infections COULD kill us if we are not careful.

You children just put me on ignore or go on thinking nothing bad will ever happen because while I know most of the reports are agenda driven, only a fool ignores a possible problem.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stop being a sheep Rick
My cousin thinks we are in an apocalypse. He went out and bought about $100 worth of batteries at harbor freight and then is going to Walmart to stock up on supplies. He was saying man everyone is out trying to buy everything up. I said “ they are out because it’s Friday and 70 degrees”. But he don’t want to believe that. Him and his mom are the most gullible people on earth. They always think the worse. Our company stock dropped to $81 from $93 and he thinks the whole market has crashed. I said “ it will go back up. It always does.” But I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom