Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....their chances are ****. That's the truth.
My source says only 20% of those on ventilators recover. So do your best to stay healthy by remaining distant from people etc. Eat healthy
I read that in Israel they see improvement by having patients who are on ventilators lie on their stomach.

Do not panic. The docs have multiple excellent drugs in their arsenal. Large numbers of researchers are at work and able to communicate with each other and the docs at light speed.

Everything good that we do helps. Getting a smaller initial amount of the virus helps our body better handle the infection: keep clean, keep distant....this is one payoff for those efforts.

Keep the faith. The Lord is a clear and present help in all our times of need.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DHS forgot the inadequacy/vulnerability of the mask production and supply system. They mention masks and PPE in their planning document but nothing about stockpiles or the need for domestic production.

If we had masks for the entire population and the willingness to wear them, things would be far better today and going forward. Perhaps the underlying problem is that we get fearful of people seen wearing a mask ... we should have learned from people in Japan and elsewhere in east Asia....masks work

Seems like during a pandemic, keeping your face covered should be required. Anything is better than nothing.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should keep your ugly mug covered all the time so not to scare young children LOL
Kidding man.

Since I don’t go anywhere, I don’t have to look in the mirror. A sliver lining.

What if we ended up having a decade of pandemic crap to deal with? Masks could end up becoming part of the culture. Like wearing a hat was at one time.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I don’t go anywhere, I don’t have to look in the mirror. A sliver lining.

What if we ended up having a decade of pandemic crap to deal with? Masks could end up becoming part of the culture. Like wearing a hat was at one time.

They are in every Asian country already, and because we allow unfettered immigration into our country from these places, we must adopt it or suffer.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stole this off of a FB group I watch.

This is from an ICU physician.

IN TULSA.

Please just STAY HOME AND KEEP YOURSELVES HEALTHY. A virus can’t kill you if it never meets you.

——————-

“... I'm drenched in sweat from wearing a Tyvek suit and being in our COVID-19 negative pressure ICU for hours doing procedures. I've intubated 3 COVID patients tonight. I have another who is going to die tonight. I have another moving to the unit that I will have to intubate.

Every patient asks me the same question: what's going to happen? I give the same answer every time: I don't know, but this isn't good. It's not a lie, but their chances are ****. That's the truth.

I've been having them facetime or talk with family before intubation. It's their chance to say goodbye. No family can come into that unit. It's sealed off from the rest of the world. Every time I go in, I feel like I'm walking over graves.

It's not the death that's getting to me, it's the not knowing how to fix it. Not knowing how to pull someone back who shouldn't be there. These people who are relatively healthy are being ravaged by this virus. I don't understand it.

I just want to help and all I feel like is a ******* grim reaper. I'm not afraid to say it, this virus scares the **** out of me. If you aren't scared, you haven't stood toe to toe with it.

Stay safe everyone...”

Nicholas Peluso is the author, he is good people.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if that was like the pictures of those poor children that were in cages from Trumps immigration policy.....Of course the only REAL problem with that is that the pictures were from 2014!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately it was a Livestream posted. And
My source says only 20% of those on ventilators recover. So do your best to stay healthy by remaining distant from people etc. Eat healthy
I read that in Israel they see improvement by having patients who are on ventilators lie on their stomach.

Do not panic. The docs have multiple excellent drugs in their arsenal. Large numbers of researchers are at work and able to communicate with each other and the docs at light speed.

Everything good that we do helps. Getting a smaller initial amount of the virus helps our body better handle the infection: keep clean, keep distant....this is one payoff for those efforts.

Keep the faith. The Lord is a clear and present help in all our times of need.
You sound like a cdc rep for the past three months lol. He just said he doesn't have any way to provide treatment. I wonder how many people go in because they are nervous only to contract it during the visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom