Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who was it that said heat doesnt slow this virus? Our resident MD I believe. Yes, I remember now, but I wont mention his name.
They have said many times now that hot water and warm air (UV) melts the outer fatty layer of the virus and thus makes it die. Spend time in the sun if its out, to better disinfect yourself if you go out or just wanna work on your tan.
I think several people were pointing out that places in the Southern Hemisphere were having community transmissions. Who knew that it was Summer down there? Nobody even knew that or heard of that.
How can they have Summer in February?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 158405 https://nondoc.com/2020/04/02/stitt-declares-health-emergency-triggers-special-session-of-legislature/
...the Oklahoma State Department of Health released its daily report of COVID-19 cases: 879 positive tests, 257 hospitalizations and 34 deaths. Those numbers reflect increases of 160 positive tests, 38 hospitalizations and four deaths over the previous day.

https://nondoc.com/2020/04/02/stitt...ency-triggers-special-session-of-legislature/

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think several people were pointing out that places in the Southern Hemisphere were having community transmissions. Who knew that it was Summer down there? Nobody even knew that or heard of that.
How can they have Summer in February?
No, one Dr. here said straight up that it was ridiculous to think the sun would help kill this germ.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has a shorter life on warm surfaces than it does on cool surfaces. It has a longer life on both surfaces than influenza does. Will warmer weather mitigate the problem? Hopefully.

Will warmer weather solve the problem? No

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has a shorter life on warm surfaces than it does on cool surfaces. It has a longer life on both surfaces than influenza does. Will warmer weather mitigate the problem? Hopefully.

Will warmer weather solve the problem? No
US rays kill it in minutes, they have come out with a thing you stand on that uses UV to sterilize your shoes after coming back inside after being out and about. Takes 10 minutes

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And there’s no love lost between the doc and myself, I don’t think he can even see my posts.
But if he didn’t support the denialism that was rampant around here couple months ago, I think that’s a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom