Official: OSA NFA Timeline Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Submitted mine in April, eform. And Sunday, was disapproved due to my making a mistake when entering the SN#... Turns out the letters in front of the numbers on a spikes lower are part of it. Resubmitted today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well crap, I wonder if I could call them and head this off because I didn't put those letters in

Is the nsl in the pic supposed to be part of the serial

Last edited:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well crap, I wonder if I could call them and head this off because I didn't put those letters in

Is the nsl in the pic supposed to be part of the serial

Yes, it got me too. Make sure you call the ATF if they don't refund you within a week or two. Took mine a month and it only happened because I called the ATF refund dept and it was refunded within an hour.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it got me too. Make sure you call the ATF if they don't refund you within a week or two. Took mine a month and it only happened because I called the ATF refund dept and it was refunded within an hour.

I mailed it in with a money order, any clue how that will work?

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wish they had a sense of urgency! It's not like we submit these forms because we actually want to wait for forever until they finally tell us we can assemble our things..... Especially on a resubmitted form due to sn error, should be a same day approval... But then that would be too easy. Sorry for the rant OSA, just tired of waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got in touch with somebody in the aft (not a receptionist at the hotline) and he was awesome to work with and the way it's looking is I just correct the error and send it back not start over again.

SoonerShots

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased 30 cal. Can from sports world, Tulsa on Feb 5th, Feds cashed my check on Feb 12th. Sports world called me August 29th said my stamp was in. Six months, two weeks, three days. Geese long wait.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Form 4 for a can from Wilshire Guns
03/29- mailed
04/05- cashed
Expecting another month before I get the call but hopefully it will come in sooner. I called the ATF NFA Branch listed phone number to check on the pending date but the voicemail basically said don't bother unless your paperwork is over six months.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Form 4 for a can from Wilshire Guns
03/29- mailed
04/05- cashed
Expecting another month before I get the call but hopefully it will come in sooner. I called the ATF NFA Branch listed phone number to check on the pending date but the voicemail basically said don't bother unless your paperwork is over six months.

Trust or individual. If individual, it should be very close. Mine were about a week ahead of you and transferred a couple of weeks ago.

I'd expect trust transfers to be about 3-5 weeks further out based on your submission date.

I hope I get my July submission as a Christmas present, but I'll bet it takes longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom