Official: OSA NFA Timeline Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Single person trust
Form 4 suppressor (Lane Scorpion 458)
Check cashed 9 July, 2018
Approved 17 April, 2019
Stamp received 25 April, 2019 - now I gotta find time to drive down to Duncan to pick it up!

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent form in 4/4/18
atf took and cashed check the next week.
They have my money, forms, fingerprints and anything else they needed. That was a year ago. I contact them each month and it's always the same, "It's pending" That means the ATF guy has not got off his ass and looked through his stack. They keep blaming it on the gov shutdown. That's a BS answer and they know it.
I put off buying mine. Big mistake. Two buddies bought the same suppressors but bought theirs 3 weeks before I bought mine and got the stamps in within 6 months. Timing is everything. Correct that....bad timing is everything.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent form in 4/4/18
atf took and cashed check the next week.
They have my money, forms, fingerprints and anything else they needed. That was a year ago. I contact them each month and it's always the same, "It's pending" That means the ATF guy has not got off his ass and looked through his stack. They keep blaming it on the gov shutdown. That's a BS answer and they know it.
I put off buying mine. Big mistake. Two buddies bought the same suppressors but bought theirs 3 weeks before I bought mine and got the stamps in within 6 months. Timing is everything. Correct that....bad timing is everything.
You do understand every time you call and they look at it, they put it on the bottom of the stack. LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Single person trust
Form 4 suppressor (Lane Scorpion 458)
Check cashed 9 July, 2018
Approved 17 April, 2019
Stamp received 25 April, 2019 - now I gotta find time to drive down to Duncan to pick it up!
Where do you find this info? I'm about 4 months into it, so looking at all the wait times I'm still a long way out.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you find this info? I'm about 4 months into it, so looking at all the wait times I'm still a long way out.
Your bank should be able to tell you the date when your check was cashed. When you get your stamp, it will have the approved date stamp on it, and then your class 3 dealer should tell you when he received it.

edit to add-- another option to tell when it was approved is calling in and checking on it, they will tell you the status of it. It should be a short time frame between approval and the class 3 dealer receiving it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your bank should be able to tell you the date when your check was cashed. When you get your stamp, it will have the approved date stamp on it, and then your class 3 dealer should tell you when he received it.

edit to add-- another option to tell when it was approved is calling in and checking on it, they will tell you the status of it. It should be a short time frame between approval and the class 3 dealer receiving it.
I didn't write a check which is another thing I don't understand. I used a kiosk credit card. Everything was approved on the Kiosk and the app on my phone from the silencer shop shows my can is on the way.
I just don't see the information all of the others in this thread are posting.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Check cashed" date is the same date it was accepted by the ATF. If you call and give them your info on the suppressor in question they'll tell you "this application was received on ___________" which is the check cashed date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom