Official: OSA NFA Timeline Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Within 10 business days of submission of the referenced eForm application, the applicant must submit
two completed fingerprint cards to the ATF address shown above. A copy of this cover letter MUST be
submitted with the fingerprint cards:"

Once the eForm gets to "submitted", the cover letter should have the "Control Number" field populated. When I filled mine out, mine went to research so I didnt get the cover letter and I found the instructions to retrieve a missing cover letter I linked before. I could retrieve the cover letter, but there was no control number in it. 2 days later it went from "research" to "submitted" and then the control number became populated and I printed and mailed it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Within 10 business days of submission of the referenced eForm application, the applicant must submit
two completed fingerprint cards to the ATF address shown above. A copy of this cover letter MUST be
submitted with the fingerprint cards:"

Once the eForm gets to "submitted", the cover letter should have the "Control Number" field populated. When I filled mine out, mine went to research so I didnt get the cover letter and I found the instructions to retrieve a missing cover letter I linked before. I could retrieve the cover letter, but there was no control number in it. 2 days later it went from "research" to "submitted" and then the control number became populated and I printed and mailed it.
I got the email with the control number but it had no address as to where to mail the prints. That’s why I was waiting on the “cover letter”. Nice to know I just pissed away $200 to our corrupt and traitorous government for nothing. Because it’s been way longer than 10 days.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder why they are different?
There's a barcode above this with the control number, and the rest of the info below...but this is what my cover letter says.

Capture.JPG

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally did the Form 1 for SBR on Monday (8/2) and it went in to "research" because of the markings. Got moved from "research" to "Submitted" yesterday (8/4) so I mailed off my stuff today (8/5).

Prints got delivered today...so I guess now the official wait starts.

NFA: Form 1 Efile (SBR)
8/2/2021 - Filled out, went to"Research"
8/4/2021 - Transitioned to "Submitted"
8/5/2021 - Mailed cover letter and prints
8/11/2021 - Cover letter and Prints delivered

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prints got delivered today...so I guess now the official wait starts.

NFA: Form 1 Efile (SBR)
8/2/2021 - Filled out, went to"Research"
8/4/2021 - Transitioned to "Submitted"
8/5/2021 - Mailed cover letter and prints
8/11/2021 - Cover letter and Prints delivered
Well now I know what the deal is. I screwed myself. I got these emails on my iPhone. For whatever reason it doesn’t show the cover letter but does on my MAC. All my other emails always show everything. So I just wasted two months waiting and $200. Thanks to this BS system where we have to pay and beg for permission to exercise a supposed right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom